HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

hurley

Portal Pro
February 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello Micropolis, my apologies for the slow response, I have been rather swamped of late.

I'm not completely sure, what do you mean exactly. Are you talking about the HTPCInfo plugin or the HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor tray app?

My initial thought was for a Tv-Server plugin, but on reflection, since users may want the status indicator LED's on client machines, a service or tray app much like HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor would be ideal.
This would require polling however, which is how I originally implemented the feature in a console application.

I put the idea out to others because I really can't spare the time to focus on it at least until I've completed some other projects, but I might revisit the idea in a few weeks.

Perhaps I could make a stand-alone app or utilise your new shared memory api or even branch your new codebase to include the feature and then send it to you for approval/inclusion in HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor?

In regards to the shared memory option, it would be nice if the CardState was delivered as an enumerable integer value rather than/as well as a string value.
This would remove the necessity to parse the string values. (May need to be a flags type enum to accommodate bitwise combinations). Just a thought.
What does the suffix locked refer to in relation to Card State? Signal lock?

I've tested your new version 1.2.6 and it works perfectly here, even in my ancient WinXP MePo 1.3 environment.
My only concern is the default update interval is far too slow for semi-real time status monitoring.
However it seems to run just as efficiently at 2000 ms or even 1000 ms via the command line switch.

regards and happy holidays, hurley

hurley

Portal Pro
February 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've just been trying your shared memory example linked above and seem to have a few issues.
Is the example code applicable to v1.2.6 of HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor?

I am able to get the data through (can see it in the private content fields) but the SharedString objects don't expose the Value property.
If I un-comment the code in the Contract region the sharedSegmentObject will not cast to the locally defined SharedSegment type.
I don't have great deal of experience with shared memory and am unsure if the data structure needs a matching definition at both ends or if it is obtained from the referenced HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe.

I'm probably just making an amateur mistake here... will persevere...

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @hurley,

... In regards to the shared memory option, it would be nice if the CardState was delivered as an enumerable integer value rather than/as well as a string value...
I've made additions to the raw data block of the contract. A new source code example incl. mapping information enclosed.

... What does the suffix locked refer to in relation to Card State? Signal lock? ...
The suffix means the TV card (or better the tuner) is locked due to a valid signal from DVB.

... My only concern is the default update interval is far too slow for semi-real time status monitoring...
The interval can be changed by a specific command line options, see manual enclosed.

... and am unsure if the data structure needs a matching definition at both ends or if it is obtained from the referenced HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe.
You need a matching definition on both sides and is obtained automatically when you reference the monitor application correctly.

... I am able to get the data through (can see it in the private content fields) but the SharedString objects don't expose the Value property. If I un-comment the code in the Contract region the sharedSegmentObject will not cast to the locally defined SharedSegment type...
I can't follow, sorry. As explained in the source example, It's required to add/update the reference to the monitor application and from my point of view all should work as expected. The lines commented (the contract, the SharedString class and enumerations) are included only for information purposes. In case you have trouble, it makes sense to discuss further steps in a private conversation after my holidays.

EDIT: Outdated attachments removed.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

hurley

Portal Pro
February 2, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks for adding CardState to the raw data class, no problems accessing those values.
I was thinking maybe the binary formatter isn't serializing the properties of the SharedString class.
The backing fields are serialized but are non-public.
But it seems to be just me with an issue so must be a problem on my end. In any case, no matter.
Enjoy some time off and thanks again for your work. :)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the final version 1.3.0 of the re-delevoped HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor is available for downloading from our plugin repository and the first post of this thread.
Additionally I've added a desktop gagdet to see the TV Server status quickly, for more information please consult the attached manual.

... But it seems to be just me with an issue so must be a problem on my end ...
I was able to reproduce some issues with the release version and moved the appropriate classes to a separate library. This should solve your problem but needs reference updates to your (existing?) code.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Micropolis

I use your latest HTPCInfo TV Server Monitor on a Client in my Home to watch the Status of the Server Machine.... Is it possible to show not the Free Space of the Local Drives, but the Space of the Drives from the TV Server itself?

Thanks for this Plugin!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Brudertac,
    ... Is it possible to show not the Free Space of the Local Drives, but the Space of the Drives from the TV Server itself? ...
    It's not possible to collect drive related information over a simple network connection. The best practice solution is to share your TV Server hard disk and/or to map a network drive on the client including a drive letter. After that you are able to select the server hard disk in the Details dialog.

Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    this plugin has been updated to version 1.9.1 to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.14.0 and for code maintenance purposes. The installer and a file for manual installation can be downloaded from the well known places.
    In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously.

A small donation would be welcome. Cheers,
    Micropolis

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

I am really struggling with the HTPCinfo plugin.o_O
    Problem 1:- No matter what I do I can't seem to get it to display the sensor information, as per the attached screenshot, Open Hardware monitor is open and running apparently OK, "Detect Sensors worked, "build skin property..." is checked! The attached log is for a 13:55 start of MP1, select the HTPC plugin and display then exit and close MP1 at 13:56. I am using the Default Wide HD skin but tried Titan with the same result, also tried with Core Temp but same again. I did note that there are a number of similar reports in this thread but I could not find any definitive fix.
    Problem 2:- I would actually prefer to use SpeedFan, as I would like to monitor fan speed, but with version 451 up and running "Detect Sensors does not work.:(

I suspect I may be doing something basic wrong so please help me sort this out.

Regards htpcinf.jpg
    Joe

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone?o_O

@Micropolis Is this plugin still supported? Or am I in the wrong place?
    I note I am the only one who has posted here recently and if my question is that dumb, please let me know rather than just leave it hanging:eek:.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom