HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (4 Viewers)

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
February 26, 2014
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
1.15 Server monitor not working...some assemblies are missing.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.15 Server monitor not working...some assemblies are missing.

Judging by the lack of response to questions I raised about this plugins functionality back in March, it looks to me like its dead or dying and no one cares! Shame:(.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @joecrow, @Nervesagent,
    Judging by the lack of response to questions I raised about this plugins functionality back in March, it looks to me like its dead or dying and no one cares! Shame

nobody has said that one of my plugins or tools are dead, but currently (and announced before) my main focus have my company, own corporate customers and the related journeys. Therefore I'm not able currently to maintain the plugins/tools in a regular cycle, hopefully with the beginning of 2017 I have more slots.

@Nervesagent: Your message does not help me (or other community members) to identify the root cause of your issue. In the manual of HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor you can find the following sentence: "This application requires installed MediaPortal libraries (e.g. TvControl.dll, TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll) and PowerScheduler libraries (PowerScheduler.Interfaces.dll) and their dependencies." Do you mean of this assemblies or others? Please prepare clear error reports and I'm sure, you will get the support which you want. Additionally you can check, if the installation/copying of files from this library solve your issue.

@joecrow: Regarding your issue with Speedfan sensor data this thread contains a lot of solutions and best practices, e.g. the question how you label sensor names. Is the option "Build skin property from related sensor name" switch on (see manual page 5)? Does your skin support your personal labels? Do you have make modifications to the appropriate skin files according to your property names? There are a lot of questions, most of them are unanswered yet. Finally a short question to understand you better: Could you please explain the definition of "shame"? Is it a shame that developers or plugin authors does not find the time to give answers to each question in a timely manner? I would hold back at your point with certain terms.

Regards, Micropolis

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi
    @joecrow: Regarding your issue with Speedfan sensor data this thread contains a lot of solutions and best practices, e.g. the question how you label sensor names. Is the option "Build skin property from related sensor name" switch on (see manual page 5)? Does your skin support your personal labels? Do you have make modifications to the appropriate skin files according to your property names? There are a lot of questions, most of them are unanswered yet. Finally a short question to understand you better: Could you please explain the definition of "shame"? Is it a shame that developers or plugin authors does not find the time to give answers to each question in a timely manner? I would hold back at your point with certain terms.

Regards, Micropolis

@Micropolis Shame as in It is a shame I could not get this very promissing and potenial usefull(for me) plugin to work!!!! So after skirting through the 86 pages of this thread I decided to write a post for help but till now got no response. With respect to the maintenance of the plugin it would be extremeley helpfull if you would add an update to post 1 indicating your current situation so as to lower expectations. I have no idea whether the Default Wide HD and Titan skins can be made to work with the plugin (I tried both) but if I decide to look at it again (I had given up on it and found alternative but not so nice solutions) I will check out post 5 etc.
    Regards
    Joe

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    ... I could not get this very promissing and potenial usefull(for me) plugin to work ...

I suggest to start with chapter 5 of the HTPCInfo manual to understand, how skin property names are generated by this plugin.
    In a second step please configure the settings as you want and keep in mind, how the option "Build skin property from related sensor name" has been configured (sorry for the old picture below).

upload_2016-10-15_22-19-5.png

In the third step, you need to adapt the skin files accordingly. In case you enable the option mentioned before, you should open the related HTPCInfo skin files and check/rename the labels as configured (example for the first 3 entries below).

<!-- *** System Sensor Informations (Speedfan) *** -->
    <control>
    <description>Temperature Sensors Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>600</posX>
    <posY>510</posY>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureSystem, #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU, #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureAUX</label>
    </control>

In case you have to decide to disable the option, you should also open the related HTPCInfo skin files and check/rename the labels in the same way but with a different schema:

<!-- *** System Sensor Informations (Speedfan) *** -->
    <control>
    <description>Temperature Sensors Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>600</posX>
    <posY>510</posY>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0, #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature1, #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature2</label>
    </control>

I'm not able to give you a valid feedback, if your favorite skin gives a full support for this plugin. But hopefully with this small introduction you understand the mechanism behind sensor related labels.

Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    after a long, work-related absence, I'll try in the next few weeks to consolidate the plugins that I have published and which are partly outdated yet. Already in the last days numerous measures were taken to synchronize the code states and to realize a separation between the commercial part of my source codes and that of the MediaPortal Plugins. In order to be able to work at this point as purposefully as possible on the removal of problems, I hope for your support in order to know, what does not work from your point of view.

If you are using this plugin, please send me some hints regarding
    • Which functionality does not work anymore and since when? Is this clearly recognizable since a certain version of MediaPortal?
    • Do you have some more information and logs to reproduce the issue?
    • Do you have problems with specific maintained skins? Can possible skin errors be caused by a plugin error?
    • Is it your view that certain configuration settings or combinations of them are no longer applicable as before?
    • Any other helpful information?
    Please note that until the final consolidation no installer files will be created and fixed versions will only be published in this plugin thread. I will try to get the development work done as quickly as possible - but the daily business and private issues will continue to have priority.

Donations are welcome, Cheers
    Micropolis

123vak123

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2010
    Minsk
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Hello, Micropolis. Thank you for your work and your wonderful plugins.
    I have a few comments on the work of this plugin:
    1. There is no access to the S.M.A.R.T.-status of disks in Win10.
    2. I am not sure, but it is possible that in win 10 the date and time of the system boot (# HTPCInfo.BootTime) and the runtime (# HTPCInfo.Uptime) are incorrectly determined. Time is defined as the time between reboots, not the time between turning on the computer.
    3. I can’t use the # HTPCInfo.NetworkDevice <digit> tags group ... to set the required adapter. I can set <digit> from 1 to 5, but adapters from Microsoft fall into this range. Only one required adapter is specified in the plugin settings.
    4. The ticker is formed only once at the first entrance into the plugin. If I go out and then re-enter the plugin, the ticker is not displayed.

And there is one more wish: is it possible to add a tag in this plugin that defines the current volume level in percent?

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_13_05_19__13_24.zip
      1.7 MB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    thanks for your feedback.

There is no access to the S.M.A.R.T.-status of disks in Win10
    Due to the fact, that I do not have more information about your disk models and configuration, I can't give you a valid answer now, why the S.M.A.R.T. values cannot be displayed. From my point of view it could help to re-check, if the Disk Monitor (part of my Monitoring Collection here) can determine the values. In case this also fails, I do not have a workaround yet.

I am not sure, but it is possible that in win 10 the date and time of the system boot … and the runtime ... are incorrectly determined
    The information comes from the Windows Kernel directly, I don't calculate anything. Accordingly, I must assume that the values are correct. Please have in mind, that Windows supports different reboot modes. In my opinion and after validations long time ago Windows resets kernel counter only after shutting down the kernel completely.

I can’t use the # HTPCInfo.NetworkDevice <digit> tags group ... to set the required adapter
    Currently I'm assuming, that more than 5 network cards are installed at your HTPC. When taking a look into the attached logs, I can see for example virtual adapters. Let me think about filtering out virtual and other dummy adapters in a future release. If you like, you can verify my acceptance by testing it with another tool of my Monitoring Collection.

The ticker is formed only once at the first entrance into the plugin. If I go out and then re-enter the plugin, the ticker is not displayed
    I will take a look, why this behavior is showing now.

is it possible to add a tag in this plugin that defines the current volume level in percent?
    The described level can be displayed normally using the VolumeControl plugin and will never be part of HTPCInfo. Unfortunately this plugin does not work anymore since MediaPortal version 1.19, because the development group have made changes which creates an infinite loop in MediaPortal itself. This MMDeviceEnumerator() issue and exceptions behind must be fixed by others, @SpudR as part of the group is informed about that. Some time ago I was removed from the team and have less influence.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom