Idea Collection thread (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Now that the toool is used by quite a few people, i'd ask you to post ideas for future enhacements to this thread.
    i will collect them and put them into the first post.

some things which are already on my task list are:
    • Windows 7 support - This requires a complete replacement of the Ribbon Component, since this is the one, which is failing
    • Accurate Rip support
    • Additional Cover Art sites

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Helmut,
    thanks for your awesome tool :) I just checked it out! Would it be possible to integrate Lololyrics?

RoXoR :D

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Haven't tried wit latest version, but being able to tag and manage remote folder (via LAN) would be really useful!

Oh, and :D :D :D!

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Here's my suggestions:

1. UNC access (not a biggie, can live without it)
    2. Add LRC lyrics from My Lyrics (I'm sure you and mackey are already talking about this)
    3. Add an LRC editor. A good editor I find works pretty well is the Joseph DkE Lyric plugin for Winamp.

I use MPTagThat to cleanup tags on my HTPC over the network. The LRC editor in my lyrics is great for converting a good lyric text, but you need a lot more features that would be awkward in an MP plugin to really fix up LRC's.

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Now that the toool is used by quite a few people, i'd ask you to post ideas for future enhacements to this thread.
    i will collect them and put them into the first post.

some things which are already on my task list are:
    • Windows 7 support - This requires a complete replacement of the Ribbon Component, since this is the one, which is failing
    • Accurate Rip support
    • Additional Cover Art sites

[*]Windows 7 support - This requires a complete replacement of the Ribbon Component, since this is the one, which is failing

This gets ny vote :)

heintje

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

here are three Feature Requests:

1) For converting lots of file a time estimation would be perfect of when the converting is done.
    2) Integration of LRCFinder for lyrics!
    3) Already existing files shouldn't converted again

Bye
    Heintje

Tine

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2008
    Kranj
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Hy,

first of all, great software. Now i get managed my collection much faster :) So thanks for that.

What i would realy like to see is additional web sources for album info. Becouse amazon doesn't hold any information of our local artists. I think best for that would be last.fm.

I know that in wiki it says that new sites will be added. Is there any timeline?

Regards, Tine

boombastic

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    My suggestion is:

whene you search a tag for a single song on internet providing an album name, if only one album with the correct song is found, there should be no need to hit "contniue" to fetch the metadata.
    This can make faster the search of metadata for single songs.
    Thanks for your great work anyway!!!

me1

Portal Pro
    March 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I now alway use your tool for tagging ....
    Some wishes:
    - editing inside the grid would be easier if i could use the F2 -key to start editing a field (like in Windows itself)
    - if that would work it would be better to have a field selection instead a row selection...
    - It would be nice to have message if internet tagging does nothing found
    - in multiple internet tagging it would be nice to be able to select more than one title an move up or down as a block

PeteHol

Portal Member
    June 6, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Improvements

When a CD has been ripped, which implies that the folder view contents have been updated, I feel that the folder view should be automatically refreshed.
    Further, there should be an optional setting to automatically view the ripped tracks. The reason for this may be that mutiple CD's may require ripping so there is no requirement to move away from the CD drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom