iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantor

Portal Pro
February 9, 2013
Bad Kreuznach
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I've not read through the complete thread so sorry if I ask things which were already answered.

I've buyed myself a used SOundgraph VFD Display and installed it. It came with an old imon Manager Software. It worked from the beginning with the old MiniDisplay driver provided with the stock MP 1.50 installation...

So far so good... But as I only wanting to use the Display and not the remote control (completely satisfied with my RC6 Solution) I had issues in cause of the old Soundgraph Software not being able to deactivate the imon ir-sensor (sensor picked up also my mce remote signals while in imon pad mode and executing some commands twice). So I've updated to the newest imon manager release and to the VFD binaries provided in this thread...

Now all works fine as I would like to have it, but the equalizer while playing music is missing... :(

I've noticed that you're already working on this issue which is much appreciated, so I would like to ask you a question for my understanding about this process:

Isn't it possible to contact somehow the original coder of the MiniDisplay plugin to ask how the equalizer (and also the advanced settings of the original driver) could be implemented ? Or to contact Soundgraph to ask what was changed during 7.xxx to 8.xxx ?

As it was done before in the old plugin someone must know how to do it, or ?

Cheers and many thanks for your great work.

Quantor

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes the equalizer code is there and should be usable for the new plug-in too, but that is still a bit of work. Actually getting that code into the main MP distribution is what's taking most of the time ATM.[DOUBLEPOST=1391099826][/DOUBLEPOST]If you have other functionalities from the old plug-in that you want to see in the new one feel free to ask.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Support of Soundgraph is pretty much kind of bulls**t. Asked question about APi and driver (especially 2 line displaying) on 10th of january, still no answer...

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @shorty1483 Ask me or point me to your post on SoundGraph forums maybe I can help.
    SoundGraph support is almost nonexistent and their MiniDisplay IR solution have some issues but TBH I'm just happy they did not bankrupt yet.
    Let's face it, it is quite a unique solution they provide.
    The level of abuse they take and tolerate on their forums is appealing.

Quantor

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2013
    Bad Kreuznach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes the equalizer code is there and should be usable for the new plug-in too, but that is still a bit of work. Actually getting that code into the main MP distribution is what's taking most of the time ATM.[DOUBLEPOST=1391099826][/DOUBLEPOST]If you have other functionalities from the old plug-in that you want to see in the new one feel free to ask.

The Equalizer as "eye-candy" is the only thing I'm really missing as long as the one from the "mp now playing" screen is only a wannabe ;)

But will see if something else is coming up my mind :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you guys test this new DLL? No new feature, just cleaning up the code and working on improved stability.

Attachments

• MiniDisplayLibrary.zip
      266.1 KB

lambie

August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stéphane, you're my hero! After doing a fresh Win7 & MePo 1.6 install I had a problem with my Imon minidisplay (Antec Fusion Black): I installed the latest Imon Manager (with the 7.77 SG_VFD.dll copied to its map), copied the files from the binaries.zip from post 1 to the MePo-dir, and choose the 'Imon VFD for iMon manager' option with the LCD2 type display. With these settings, the 'Test Display' worked fine, and also everything (logo's, 2 lines text, etc) were displayed fine when going through the MePo menus. However, as soon as I started a file of which the duration time should be displayed (music or video), MePo crashed. Very frustrating!!! But changing the MiniDisplayLibrary.dll with yours solved this problem and now the minidisplay runs perfect. So thanks a lot for sharing your dll!

Last edited:

Crix1990

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 9, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Don't know if that helps, but I use the same MiniDisplay.dll for my OrigenAE iMon VFD for years and that works very fine (even with 1.6).

If it helps, I can upload it later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom