iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,
Ive got a IMON VFD in my antec fusion case.

I now use the latest dll which is found here (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-3-1-2-1.95616/page-43#post-1061828)

When I use WASAPI in music section + IMON VFD I see an audio problem when using the VU meter in advanced tab. VU meter works, but somehow the audio is then 2x the speed or something. Disabling the VU meter results in normal audio, enabling the VU meter results in 2x audiospeed.

Can anyone confirm?

I do find it logical in some way I see this issue. WASAPI is intended to have the audio go to the receiver untouched by windows drivers.. volume settings etc.. just pure in = out. THe VU meter must somehow read the audiostream and could cause what I am hearing by doing so.. Just a theory. :)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,
    Ive got a IMON VFD in my antec fusion case.

I now use the latest dll which is found here (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...portal-1-1-3-1-2-1.95616/page-43#post-1061828)

When I use WASAPI in music section + IMON VFD I see an audio problem when using the VU meter in advanced tab. VU meter works, but somehow the audio is then 2x the speed or something. Disabling the VU meter results in normal audio, enabling the VU meter results in 2x audiospeed.

Can anyone confirm?

I do find it logical in some way I see this issue. WASAPI is intended to have the audio go to the receiver untouched by windows drivers.. volume settings etc.. just pure in = out. THe VU meter must somehow read the audiostream and could cause what I am hearing by doing so.. Just a theory. :)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/index.php?threads/119331/

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ok. Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't find that thread/report yet. thanks for the pointers :) Good to know I'm not crazy.. :p
    will look for the newer version (newer than 7 feb 2014) of the minidisplaydriver then

B

BassFan

The newer version do not have VU meter options ATM.
    Hmm understand.. you will reactivate VU Meter then the fix for Wasapi are simple.

Add in Basswasapi Init call the flag BASS_WASAPI_BUFFER
    Double speed should then be gone

then ceck if UseWasapi get Sample Data over
    Code:
    BASS_WASAPI_GetData(nil, BASS_DATA_AVAILABLE)
    else
    Code:
    BASS_ChannelGetData(Stream, nil, BASS_DATA_AVAILABLE);

greets

Last edited by a moderator:
    B

BassFan

Though the issue appears to be fixed in 1.6 if we are to trust the latest post so maybe that flag you mentioned is being used properly in 1.6 already.
    yes after remove VU-METER.. from Plugin to
    Also Plugin can reactivate VU_METER with wasapi on this way ;)
    If the developer wants it.

inside MP i have fix this (for MP since 1.5 and Visualization)
    this are a Plugin Problem.

greets

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try that new experimental DLL and see if the REC icon is now working without crashes.

Attachments

• MiniDisplayLibrary.zip
      266.4 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom