iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm currently working on a major refactoring of those drivers. I just got a draft implementation of the equalizer working on VFD.
    Both LCD and VFD basic functionalities are working already. There is now a single driver entry and your display type LCD/VFD is detected automatically.
    Here is the JIRA entry about those changes: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4418

I'm hoping to get this released with MP 1.8.
    Despite all my efforts the release of the current version for 1.7 was rejected.
    It came in too late I guess.

Last edited:

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I'm currently working on a major refactoring of those drivers. I just got a draft implementation of the equalizer working on VFD.
    Both LCD and VFD basic functionalities are working already. There is now a single driver entry and your display type LCD/VFD is detected automatically.
    Here is the JIRA entry about those changes: https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4418

I'm hoping to get this released with MP 1.8.
    Despite all my efforts the release of the current version for 1.7 was rejected.
    It came in too late I guess.

Hi, thanks for you big effort on this plugin! I will look to MP 1.8, don't worry...in the meanwhile the manual installation is also a good option! ;)

Just on question: are you going to release the plugin with the two lines display? Please say yes....... ;) ;) ;)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just on question: are you going to release the plugin with the two lines display? Please say yes.......

For graphics and two lines display support on LCD you need to use the older drivers with iMON Manager 7.x.

Newer LCD drivers for iMON Manager 8.x will most certainly never support graphics and two lines display.
    What I could do at some point is display both lines content on a single line. Though that's not very high on my priority list ATM.
    VFD do support two lines of 16 characters.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    VFD do support two lines of 16 characters.

Hello and thanks for your kind answer!

I'm actually an owner of an iMON VFD...so, if I have correctly understood, your plug-in is supporting the two lines for VFD (I mean at the same time)? Wow! :)

So I can keep the iMON Manager 8.x! Have I to disable the "Start with Windows" for it?

Thanks for any clarification and have a nice day!

Last edited:

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    i'm using your latest DLL with Antec Fusion Remote case and LC Display.
    The recording icon is working and no crashes since 2 days.
    Keep up the good work. (y)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom