iMON VFD/LCD MiniDisplay driver for MediaPortal 1.1.3/1.2.1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It could have something to do with an optimization I made that's basically not sending text to the display if it did not change. In our case since we come back from sleep we remain blank until a different text is sent. I'll look at it at some point but right I'm not changing anything unless it's critical.

No, it was more as information. Very much waiting for it to get merged with master branch :)

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    @Stéphane Lenclud Great to see you on the Sky EPG grabber thread! The version for 1.7.1 has just been released (for the UK version) so I will upgrade to this in a couple of days and then try again with your minidisplay files. :D

BTW, the Sky EPG grabber is pure genius - I would be lost without it and the series link option is great too. Good luck with a German version if you get time to work on it. (y)

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @Stéphane
    Just a minor issue, maybe something to think about along the way. It just confused me a lot, why the display suddenly started to display something from the Guide, while in RecordedTv list :)

else
    {
    GUIPropertyManager.SetProperty("#paused", string.Empty);
    if (this.IsTVWindow((int)activeWindow))
    {
    this.status = Status.PlayingTV;
    }
    }

WINDOW_RECORDEDTV and others should not be regarded as PlayingTV if the g_player is null (above) - but that is of course only my opinion, .

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    And now that we are at it, the log file looks like this:
    [2014-05-12 17:59:13,916] [Error ] [MiniDisplay] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.Object[]

The code looks like this (in many places)
    catch (Exception exception)
    {
    Log.Error(
    "MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}\n\n{1}\n\n", exception.Message,
    new object[] {exception.StackTrace});
    }
    Why not just:
    Log.Error(
    "MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}\n\n{1}\n\n", exception.Message, exception.StackTrace);

Maybe that would give something else in the logfile, I guess/hope. Just take as something to look at, if you get the time someday.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    [2014-05-12 17:59:13,916] [Error ] [MiniDisplay] [ERROR] - MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

System.Object[]

{
    Log.Error(
    "MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}\n\n{1}\n\n", exception.Message,
    }
    Why not just:
    Log.Error(
    "MiniDisplayPlugin.DisplayHandler.DisplayLines(): CAUGHT EXCEPTION {0}\n\n{1}\n\n", exception.Message, exception.StackTrace);

Maybe that would give something else in the logfile, I guess/hope. Just take as something to look at, if you get the time someday.
    Most likely a generic MiniDisplay issue rather than iMON specific. You better off opening a different thread for those issues then @myself or developers on the new thread.
    It looks like you are quite a coder yourself? Want to join the team?

HiperGlow

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    System.Object[]

Code:
          {
            Log.Error(
          }
    Why not just:
            Log.Error(
    Most likely a generic MiniDisplay issue rather than iMON specific. You better off opening a different thread for those issues then @myself or developers on the new thread.
    It looks like you are quite a coder yourself? Want to join the team?

okay, I was just wondering why, and I couldn't find anyone here at our infamous 3-letter company that knew, why it was done like that - especially as it doesn't work.:)

ctot

Portal Member
    January 19, 2008
    Hi, I'm using this binaries since 1.1, but after updating to 1.8 it does not work anymore. When starting MP there exits a message saying that MP has had an error and has to close.

Anybody else having same problem?

Regards.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom