Install on internet-less HTPC (1 Viewer)

jnik

Portal Member
April 14, 2008
Home Country
First off, great work guys - I think the deploy tool is a big step forward for the wider acceptance of MP!!

I'm trying to install a single-seat HTPC that's not connected to the internet. I've used the installer on a 'net-connected PC to download all of the other components, which I've copied over to my HTPC, but I can't find any details on how to launch "deploy" in such a way that it'll use the local files instead of reaching out into the internet.

So, how do you deploy using previously downloaded components? :confused:

TIA,
J.
:D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    First off, great work guys - I think the deploy tool is a big step forward for the wider acceptance of MP!!

I'm trying to install a single-seat HTPC that's not connected to the internet. I've used the installer on a 'net-connected PC to download all of the other components, which I've copied over to my HTPC, but I can't find any details on how to launch "deploy" in such a way that it'll use the local files instead of reaching out into the internet.

So, how do you deploy using previously downloaded components? :confused:

please read the information thread :)

infinityloop said:
    This means that if you want to install MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 on a PC without any internet connection, then you just have to:
    1. run the DeployTool after download
    2. select a "save" location where it will unzip to (i.e. c:/DeployTool/) instead of the temp folder.
    3. select "download only"
    4. let it download all components
    5. transfer the "DeployTool" folder (which now contains all additional components) to your PC which has no internet connection.
    6. start the MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe which is inside the "DeployTool" folder, and install MediaPortal and/or TV-Server.

jnik

Portal Member
    April 14, 2008
    Home Country
    "Hmm", he thinks while shaking his head at himself, "how did I miss that!!!" All installed now, currently scanning the HD channels. Thanks infinityloop, for showing me the nose on the front of my face!

And, thanks guys, the DeployTool works great, a much cleaner install process.

infinityloop said:
    please read the information thread :)

infinityloop said:
    This means that if you want to install MediaPortal 1.0 RC1 on a PC without any internet connection, then you just have to:
    1. run the DeployTool after download
    2. select a "save" location where it will unzip to (i.e. c:/DeployTool/) instead of the temp folder.
    3. select "download only"
    4. let it download all components
    5. transfer the "DeployTool" folder (which now contains all additional components) to your PC which has no internet connection.
    6. start the MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe which is inside the "DeployTool" folder, and install MediaPortal and/or TV-Server.

Mr.Mitchell

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I think it would be nice if the last screen of the installer had a message like:

Downloading is complete. You can copy the folder "<location here>" to another PC and run "MediaPortal.DeployTool.exe" to start the installation.

I think it would avoid a lot of questions as people not read the manual/readme even if there are warning signs all over the place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom