Installed Extensions List Empty (1 Viewer)

TranceManNZ

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
Hi, not sure what I have done but my "Installed Extension List" is empty. I have many extensions installed and are all working correctly.
I have tried using the "Clear Cache" button and re-downloading the list but still nothing.

Any ideas??

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any ideas??
    It sounds like your missing the 'InstalledExtensions.xml' in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 folder.

If you've done a recent update, you should have a backup of this file (that is: if the installer created a BACKUP folder in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal). When you put that back, they should show up again.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Stupid idea how to get some of your installed extensions if you know programming.
    You can parse your plugins folder to get plugin versions from assemblies. Then you could cross reference plugin dlls and its versions and knownextension file to locate entries of installed plugins. After that serialize it back to installed.extensions.xml. Dunno how to get skins. Probably just paarse names of skin folders and skin versions

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Or just re-install the plugins through MPEI (which might be the fastest/easiest way).

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same happened to me, went from 1.7.1 to 1.8.0 and the Installed Extensions lists only Titan Extended (which I think was installed during the MP installation process). I've attached my InstalledExtensions.xml file from the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2 folder and it seems to list my extensions in the xml file just not on the MPEI program.
    Any ideas?
    upload_2014-7-19_14-45-43.png

Attachments

• InstalledExtensions.xml
      12.1 KB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Your file has only Titan Extended data. Is there backup folder after update?

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Sorry to re-open an VERY old thread but this is still an issue from time to time - mine has just done it again (MP 1.22).
    I opened the installer and it overwrote the existing XMLs with blank versions...
    Should be a button to recreate it if this happens using the parsing info as detailed above.
    Reinstalling some plugins resets their settings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom