irritating issue with HDMI audio (1 Viewer)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have recently upgraded my amp (Onkyo TX-NR616).

Previously, on my old amp, I used an HDMI for video pass through to my TV and an optical cable to pass the sound. This way mainly because my old amp didn't accept the audio via HDMI

Every worked as expected

My new amp now supports true HDMI bitstreaming. Audio is passed from my Zotac GeForce GT430, via HDMI, to my amp. Whilst watching a movie, audio works perfectly

However, windows sounds (eg the click from mediaportal as you cruise through menus, ot the start/exit windows tune) cause the amp to 'click', resulting in the sound not being played as the sound has finished before the amp can play it (if that makes sense)?

Any ideas?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope sorry, no idea. I have the same on my sr607.
    I think it happens when you watch a movie/series in dd/dts (passthrough) and go back to mp where windows is active with its stereo setup.
    The amp will still be in dd/dts mode and will need a trigger sound to go to stereo....

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Yep, sounds like the same issue. Never had it when pushing all the sound over the optical, but now everything goes over HDMI, the windows sounds seem to cause the amp to keep switching modes. I might just disable all windows sounds. Can the MP ones also be disabled?

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, go to:
    mmigstation - 2012-07-06 - Image -001.png

mr viggo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is just the way the avr behaves. I recommend turning off windows and mp sounds completely, I never used them in years, they're just annoying imo.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Same here....

Turn of Windows sounds and MePo skin sounds.

J.

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Done. All windows and MePo sounds disabled

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    A friend of mine has the same problem with the digital receiver/amplifier from Teufel. It's annoying and deactivating all Windows sounds is a little bit of a poor "solution" ;). What would be needed here is a background program (or MePo plugin) that constantly plays an audio signal with zero amplitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom