irritating issue with HDMI audio (1 Viewer)

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @MarcD2K12 I will have to have a look later and test some more as I can't remember the specifics, but it isn't a timing issue.

The icon stays red. Stop/Resume makes no difference. It looks tome as though either something is holding the audio channel open, or AVRAG thinks something is, which is why AVRAG doesn't initialise (which is correct behaviour) but I don't know what would be holding it open. I have checked in Task Manager that MP has definitely exited, which it has

MarcD2K12

Portal Member
    July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    i've just tried to replicate it, but i can load mediaportal, quit, load, quit over and over again and the program works as it should. Tested while playing a video with AC3 audio. Are you using any 3rd party audio codecs or the built-in mediaportal ones?

Last edited:

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    OK. Done some testing. Looks like it fails as soon as I load MP.
    Windows sounds work fine - I can see the channel open on my amp.
    As soon as MP loads (in fact, when it gets to the part where it is loading plugins), I see the channel get dropped on my amp.
    Rapidly cycling through the MP menu opens the channel long enough to eventually hear the MP clicks.
    If I exit MP, AVR stays red in the taskbar. I can stop and resume it (goes back to green), but entering MP again causes the channel to drop on my amp etc etc.

I am using LAV Audio and Video decoders with the LAV splitter - if that helps?

MarcD2K12

Portal Member
    July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    oh that is interesting, it happens when not even playing a media file? Do you have a plugin which messes with your windows speaker configuration or anything like that?

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    I don't have any unusual plugins. Literally, on top of MP I have

Streamed (skin)
    MP-TVSeries
    Moving Pictures
    Online Videos
    World Weather
    IMDB+

And I use LAV splitter, LAV audio and LAV video codecs

If I dont launch MP - AVR fires up as expected, the amp holds the silent stream open and all windows sounds play as expected. (eg vlc, media player, youtube etc)

Definitely looks as though the amp switches as MP boots up - well before I even attempt to play a media file. If I immediately exit MP, the AVR icon is red and I need to Stop/Resume to get it back.

If I play a media file in MP, audio is as expected, but it never seems to switch the 'silent stream' back on once it has finished, so I dont get the MP noises (or the windows ones once I exit MP), unless I Stop/Resume. Then it works fine until I enter MP again

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    Hi there,

Try starting MePo in debug mode (as this shouldn't/doesn't load plugins).

J.

MarcD2K12

Portal Member
    July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    @tmacca - i've tested with LAV filters installed and all the plugins you listed above, but i still don't get the same issue. AVRAG stays "green" and receiver stays in PCM mode.

I used version 1.2.3.0 of MP and all the latest versions of the plugins.

If you get time, would you mind zipping/rarring your mediaportal folder and putting it on dropbox or somewhere so I can download it and test your exact configuration?

tmacca

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 24, 2008
    Home Country
    I will have a look at dropboxing it later - for now, I need a break from it! I can't find an consistency at all
    I can load up MP 5 times on the bounce without changing a thing, and it will work fine for 4 of those attempts and then on the 5th attempt, the AVR icon turns red

Equally, I can fire up in debug mode ten times without problems, so I am sure there is something loading that is causing this, but I can't figure out why that thing only causes an issue 20% of the time. I have tried disabling ALL plugins, and reenabling them one at a time etc, and still cannot consistently recreate the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom