Is MP destined to end like MeediOS? (1 Viewer)

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Actually, this discussion could be very interesting. But you don't start with : MePo is dead soon and Kodi is the only answer.
Btw, there are, at least in my opinion, a lot more people out who want a simple HTPC solution without having to have an IT-certificate to install and run it. Just look at all the ones coming from WMC. I'm not sure Kodi can provide that, at least not right now.

Last edited:

pünktchen

Portal Pro
October 26, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes, i also like those discussion as long as they are polite and the users don't insist on their own/subjective primarily negative experiences.

spachti

Portal Pro
July 27, 2005
Bible Belt
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Actually, this discussion could be very interesting. But you don't start with : MePo is dead soon and Kodi is the only answer.
Btw, there are, at least in my opinion, a lot more people out who want a simple HTPC solution without having to have an IT-certificate to install and run it.
Just look at all the ones coming from WMC.
I don't think MP is dead. MP2 grows more and more [emoji6]
I know that. Even MePo 1, which I'm still using, is still alive, on life support :rolleyes:, but still alive.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
January 7, 2007
Ulm
Home Country
Germany Germany
I know that. Even MePo 1, which I'm still using, is still alive, on life support :rolleyes:, but still alive.
Yeah misunderstood your post. Already deleted my posting.

Maybe staticx is wishing MP already back and won't admit it *trolling*[emoji3]

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    I think this type of discussion, don't respect the work of Devellopeur,

Many guy's, take their free times, for try to do the best for many people, So please, your thread excepted to do bad stuff, is very not constructive.

So, you use MP since many years, now you move on Kodi, it's fine, and i'm happy than you found the software with your wish, we take the information, and we try to understand your motivation on our side.
    but please, be fairplay on your critical stuff.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But seriously I tried kodi some weeks. But there were so much drawbacks. That I was used to revert back. Remote control is horrible, Picture quality not as good as in MP. timeshifting implementation sucks. Live TV is not stable (glitches). Thats my experience, of course. But nevertheless the kodi team done a amazing work on their software and I respect that. I know, as a developer, how much work is done in both projects.

Last edited:

staticx

Portal Pro
    March 22, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    you all right, I've change the title... I wish I could use MP nowadays, but I just simply can't!
    on Kodi I have about 1200 TV channels, streaming videos more than I need, great access to HD content, a super-fast UI, lost of plugins (Google Music, spotify, plex, subsonic, torrents, upnp for streaming to kodi, and lots more) is installation and configuration is very easy, also with remote.
    I'm glad that I opened the thread , which allows you to share your thoughts about the future and purpose of MP these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom