Is MP faster in Windows 8? (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    From my experience Win7 Embeded are quite good...

I was testing on the same HW:
    • Windows 7 x86 Professional Edition (with 4GB RAM)
    • Windows 7 x64 Professional Edition (with 4GB RAM)
    • Windows 7 Embended Standard x64 (with 4GB RAM)
    I would say x86 are slower and less reliable if I compare "Windows 7 x86 Professional Edition" and "Windows 7 x64 Professional Edition (with 4GB RAM)".

When I compare "Windows 7 x64 Professional Edition (with 4GB RAM)" with "Windows 7 Embended Standard x64 (with 4GB RAM)" it is difficult as in embded version you can select which parts of Windows you want to install. I was playing a lot with Windows Embeded system and finnaly I end up with recommended Windows functionality package for DVR (based on MCE). Clean installation was consumming 700MB RAM & 54 processes.
    I would say "Windows 7 Embended Standard x64 (with 4GB RAM)" is more reliable "Windows 7 x64 Professional Edition (with 4GB RAM)".
    The testing system was based on singleseat MP1 installation.

Last edited:

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Just update - Windows 8.1 Pro x64 is for sure faster from user point of view against Windows 7 x64 on the same HW in my case (MSI MB + AMD CPU):
    • faster OS start up
    • faster MP response
    • faster (much much faster) wake up from S3
    • faster MP GUI

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism of working with playlists in online broadcasts. Well, here you need to look at what is happening in the Media Portal player. And find someone who understands how it works.
    This may or may not be a pause, after all, this is a playlist, it can constantly change, I don’t very well understand the mechanism...
    I am running the latest "any cpu" version of the Radio Time plugin with MP 1.33 x64 which is working well except some of my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Odd Standby issue DE
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as I can tell, now when my HTPC wakes up to make a recording it no longer does so in away mode. I will probably do a restore from a backup in the hope that that will resolve the issue.:mad:
    Since I played around with all the settings as per the previous posts and despite putting everything back to how it was, as far as...
    Generally standby is working well on My Mp 1.32 x64 pre set up. I just have one issue, which was also present on earlier x86...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before installing the x64, but not sure it that would make any difference! I am currently testing an improved version but at this point it is still not clear how or when a fixed x64 version will be available.
    I have not seen that one but it is possible that after installing the 1.32 x86 version that I scanned and tested TV before...
    Windows 11 23h2 1) MP 1.32 Final x64 Fresh install does not work and fails during the install "MySQL Start Service Exception". The...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 Windows 11 support DE
    Msoft May be you are working for Msoft and you have such informations ? It's not my case... And more since GetVersion() has been deprecated....
    Msoft May be you are working for Msoft and you have such informations ? It's not my case... And more since GetVersion() has been...
    Even if MP is working on Windows 11, both, SetupTV, TvService, MP config and MP client doesn't give the correct Windows 11 OS...
    Replies
    Views
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing this change in MP 1.33! :)
    It works perfect now. All channels have been found, even with the default tuning files. Thank you very much! (y) I'd love seing...
    With my new hardware, Windows 11 and MP 1.32 the TV channel scan is not working anymore. The frequencies are scanned but no...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom