WebMP Skin - jQui (Updated: 1-2-2013) (1 Viewer)

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    jQui: A Themeable Skin for WebMediaPortal

Video of WebMP and jQui - Click the "HD" logo to watch this video in HD on Vimeo. Remember this video starts out with the default skin, and then later switches to jQui.

First off, why the name? Because this skin uses the jQuery UI as it's core UI. As jQuery UI is themeable, so is jQui (or will be in version 1.1). With the jQuery UI Theme Roller you can change the coloring by the push of a button.

Now to the important stuff:

THIS SKIN USES A REDESIGNED WebMediaPortal and CAN NOT be run using the 0.4.x MPExtended service.

This means that you MUST be using 0.5.x to deploy jQui

This skin comes with a jQui.dll holding new WebMP features. This work was done thanks to Oxan, Inker, RoChess, TravisTX and Trevor.

INSTALLATION:
    1. Download jQui
    2. Extract the contents of the zip into your Skins folder (usually C:\Program Files\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins)
    3. Restart the WebMediaportal service (IIS Express users) or Restart the website (IIS users)
    4. Log on to WebMP and go to settings to select jQui from the skin dropdown.
    5. (Optional) To handle requests download this zip containing the web.config.default
    To set up the mail sender for requests, you simply edit lines 11 and 56-60 in the web.config.default link above (step 5), rename it to web.config and replace the one located in the www folder with the edited one. BE FOREWARNED.... this info is not the most secure in the world, so use a Gmail, or like, server that handles requests only, and use non sensitive information.

Enjoy

NEW WebMP Features included are:
    • Status View holding lite information on current server activity with a CPU meter.
    • Requests View allowing to send requests to the server host (you, the person running the WebMP server)
    • About View showing info about the Host, Skin, MPExtended/WebMediaPortal, and MediaPortal itself.
    • Info Popups allowing for easier navigation.
    Change log (Latest):
    1.0 -
    • Updated code for WebMP 0.5.x final versions
    0.5.0.1 -
    • Fixed many skin views (live TV mainly)
    • Alphabetical filtering for movies
    • Re-sized VLC player (Direct profile) to fit in skin, like Flash is
    • Added scrollbars to many views that did not have them before
    • Rewrote features to accommodate new WebMP changes
    • Hide any movies with "Adult" genre tag. (This can be easily undone if u wish)
    • Many bugs fixed
    Changelog (Extended):
    • 0.1 - I started off by making changes to Aredon's. Just minor things to make navigation thru large collections easier.
    • 0.2 - I talked myself into doing a full skin, and began work on Cosmos (unleased atm, but coming soon).
    • 0.3 - After learning a few things, I decided to shelve Cosmos and and begin a skin that would be themeable. jQui was born.
    • 0.4 - Completed jQui to work with standard WebMP (TV Guide is mostly Aredon's code)
    • 0.5 - Redisigned WebMP to add new features to jQui:

Last edited:

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    ty! yours is looking sharp too!

u did a great job with the pagination.. i tried a few plugins but could not get any of them to work

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    boah how cool is that? - the skin is not working with the current version 0.4.3?

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    Okay first post is edited to hold the info needed. More info and doc tomorrow when I can stay awake.

regurge, sadly yes, u need 0.5.0.

PM me and after I give u a nice long spiel about NOT bothering Oxan with issues for software (ver 0.5) that he has not officially released yet. it is just not fair. The man is VERY busy.... so if you promise to bring skin issues to me... and take it easy on Oxan with problems.. then I can hook you with an msi installer for 0.5.

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    OKAY link has working code now. Enjoy!!!!

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I assume there are no dev builds of 0.5 anywhere?

I'll have to check out the source and build?

Thanks,

J.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi there,

I assume there are no dev builds of 0.5 anywhere?

I'll have to check out the source and build?

Thanks,

J.

Yes. I can send you the 0.5 installers, but please do not post any issue regards this because it is not released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom