Keep getting kicked out of Live TV (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    After a restart I can view tv for a couple of minutes and then I'm kicked out with a cannot connect to sql database error message

Any hints greatly appreciated

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Heya :)

Hmmm, both the database and streaming connection appear to just drop at around the same time.
    Could you please post the server logs.
    I'm wondering if TV Server crashes or something. If it isn't that then perhaps a network connection drops (or firewall blocks it).

Regards,
    mm

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    I think its a network issue on the client side, but any indication / help from you always greatly appreciated. logs from server attached[DOUBLEPOST=1430785071][/DOUBLEPOST]Re-installed client ethernet drivers and didnt make a difference. Watched tv just now for 10 minutes fine and got the dreaded freeze and could not connect to tv server / database, please check firewall settings message

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi again, I've noticed the latest MP has Controller Pad support and really would like udate and use this feature so I need to fix this client as its also a high spec gaming PC. I've re-installed MP 1.11 and ditched the homeplug in favour of a direct ethernet cable to the router.

I have been using another client in place of this machine in the same place and its been running fine. This leads me to think that there is a software configuration issue with this computer. When trying to watch TV it comes up with an error message 'Unable to play stream 5'

Logs attached for the client please aany help to resolve greatly appreciated

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for not responding to your previous message.

I think its a network issue on the client side, but any indication / help from you always greatly appreciated. logs from server attached
    I did look at the server logs... but unfortunately they don't cover the same period as the client disconnection, and therefore they're useless.

Here's the client side:

[2015-05-04 23:28:51,529] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - TVHome.ViewChannelAndCheck(): View channel=BBC One HD
    [2015-05-04 23:34:50,354] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.
    [2015-05-04 23:34:50,444] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - RemoteControl - Disconnected
    [2015-05-04 23:34:50,444] [Log ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [INFO ] - TVHome: OnRemotingDisconnected
    [2015-05-04 23:34:50,456] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - g_Player.OnStopped()

...and the earliest entries in the server logs:
    [2015-05-04 23:47:45,085] [Log ] [7 ] [INFO ] - TV Service: Starting

I'm still interested in seeing concurrent client and server log files.

...homeplug...
    This could easily have been the problem.

Logs attached for the client please aany help to resolve greatly appreciated
    This client now appears to have a corrupt MovingPictures database:

[2015-05-24 13:37:54,597] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database: movingpictures.db3
    [2015-05-24 13:37:54,597] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-05-24 13:37:54,597] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-05-24 13:37:54,612] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - SQLiteClient: Closing database:
    [2015-05-24 13:38:25,968] [Error ] [Artwork Updater] [ERROR] - SQLiteClient: cmd:sqlite3_step err:ERROR detailed:confused:QL logic error or missing database query:update movie_info set title = 'Care Bears: Tell-Tale Tummies', alternate_titles = ' ', sortby = 'care bears telltale tummies', directors = ' ', writers = ' ', actors = ' ', release_date = '2015-05-09 12:09:58Z', year = '2015', genres = ' ', certification = ' ', language = ' ', tagline = ' ', summary = 'Come along with the Care Bearsâ„¢ for more friendship-filled adventures among the clouds and rainbows of Care-a-lot! Whether it''s teaching Grumpy how to ride a bicycle or becoming detectives to help Grizzle find his missing best friend, the Care Bears discover the true meaning of teamwork. Along the way, they also learn how important it is to always tell friends the truth. So hop on your bicycle and join the care bears at Rainshine Meadow for eight enchanting tales of caring, sharing, and fun!', studios = ' ', collections = ' ', plotkeywords = ' ', score = '0', popularity = '0', date_added = '2013-11-10 17:05:58Z', runtime = '0', imdb_id = ' ', originaldirectoryname = ' ', primary_source = '3', alternatecovers = ' ', coverfullpath = ' ', coverthumbfullpath = ' ', backdropfullpath = ' ', details_url = ' ' where id = 6

Please fix that first:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

After that, please post fresh and concurrent log files from both client and server, and be sure to note whether the TV service is still running after reproducing the problem.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Thanks for this. I did note the Moving Pictures DB errors.

When I disabled Moving Pictures then Live TV works perfectly. So problem solved.....almost

However I just cant fix the DB using the instructions provided as naturally I want the Moving Pictures back working, I get as far as being in the folder in cmd but nothing happens when I insert 'pragma integrity_check' it just tabs down to the next line. I'm probably doing something that should be simple incorrectly.

I have tried using an earlier restore point for the TV DB file but that didnt work.

I really dont want to re-install windows have you any more advice to get this DB fixed?

Thanks for all your kind help

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    However I just cant fix the DB using the instructions provided as naturally I want the Moving Pictures back working
    I don't understand why you can't follow the instructions.They're intended to help you get MovingPictures back working.
    Note the comment in the linked wiki page:
    The following instructions apply to the MediaPortal video database, but could be applied to any MediaPortal SQLite database.

That means they can be applied to the MovingPictures DB file. The name of the MovingPictures DB file is "movingpictures.db3", as given in my previous post. Follow the instructions, substituting references to VideoDatabaseV5.db3 for movingpictures.db3 and you should be good to go.

I get as far as being in the folder in cmd but nothing happens when I insert 'pragma integrity_check' it just tabs down to the next line. I'm probably doing something that should be simple incorrectly.
    If worst comes to worst, you can simply delete the movingpictures.db3 file, and re-import to recreate its contents.

I have tried using an earlier restore point for the TV DB file but that didnt work.
    TV DB file?!? :confused:

I really dont want to re-install windows have you any more advice to get this DB fixed?
    Reinstalling Windows would be a huuuge over-reaction. Please don't do that.
    Like I said above, if worst comes to worst you can simply delete the movingpictures.db3 file... but I have the impression that you've misunderstood something.

Regards,
    mm

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    AH

When I said TV DB file I meant the videodatabaseV5.db5. But thats the wrong file anyway!!

I deleted movingpictures.db3, enabled moving pictures and all is fine. Just a case of re-importing contents

Case closed and thanks again for your patience !!!!

:)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    And the PC that we fixed above worked for a couple of days and then the network connection issue started again last night at about 11.30pm. Basically I can watch TV for about 5 to 15 minutes after which the screen freezes and MP error messages come up - cannot connect to mysql database, cannot connect to remote control and please check your firewall settings.

I notice when closing down MP the network icon in the system tray has a yellow exclamation mark and it can fix itself which gives a message 'The default gateway is not available' Fixed. This then allows MP Live TV to work again for 5-10 minutes.

I have client logs and server logs attached, please advise thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have client logs and server logs attached, please advise thanks
    Thanks! :)

From a server perspective: the server notes that the client disconnects...
    [2015-05-27 23:30:35,914] [Log ] [HeartBeatMonitor] [INFO ] - Controller: Heartbeat Monitor - kicking idle user Frontroom-PC

...but it just keeps on trucking. So, it looks like the server is okay.

I notice when closing down MP the network icon in the system tray has a yellow exclamation mark and it can fix itself which gives a message 'The default gateway is not available' Fixed. This then allows MP Live TV to work again for 5-10 minutes.
    Ahhhh, I see.

You said other clients don't have a problem, right? ...only this one particular client (?).

Normally such a message might point to a router/switch (or Broadband modem) issue, because the default gateway is usually configured to be the router in a local network. However, if the other devices on the network don't experience any problems, it's more likely that the problem is limited to the specific device (in this case: this specific client PC).

To completely rule out the router/switch...
    Have you tried swapping the port that the client is connected to on the router/switch (to eliminate the possibility of a bad port)?
    Does the router/switch have a log that you can get to, and if so, is there anything interesting in it that coincides with the periods when you have connection problems?

To determine which element (hardware or software - OS, driver etc.) of the client is at fault...
    Do you happen to have a wireless or wired network card (or even an alternative network adaptor) that you could try (to see if it has the same problem)?
    Are you sure you have the right network adaptor driver installed?

Note: I'm assuming the network cable itself is okay, since you had problems with HomePlug too.

Users who are viewing this thread