Kid lock plugin (1 Viewer)

MageMinds

Portal Pro
January 29, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I'm faced with a problem lately, my kid won't stop listening to tv when we are not home and she does nothing of her day (a teenager...) I restricted Internet and all I need to restrict is the possibility to listen to TV and all my TV content is in my mediaportals.

I was searching for a plugin that would lock everything during certain hours, so during the day it would ask a password to unlock and allow listening and in the evening grant access without asking a password.

I'm sure it's not that hard to do and I'm not the only one faced with this problem.

I know she could actually play the files directly from the nas once mediaportal is closed and if she does that meant the she would have done something constructive with her time, learn how the computer works and where the files are... Without Internet I doubt she'll get arount it...

Anyways if such plugin exists would you be kind to point to it to me, I did search but as you might expect the search for "mediaportal schedule lock" return a lot of thing about the tv schedule, but nothing on lock...

Regards,
MageMinds

est68

Portal Member
May 6, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,

I am actually searching for the same but was unsuccessful so far.

The Plugin should be able to lock Mediaportal (including blocking to exit Mediaportal) and need a PIN to unlock (for a certain period of time) to be able to control the daily TV time.

If you come across something like this it would be great.

Is there anyone interested in such a Plugin as well - maybe we can share some programming work?

regards

EST

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom