Laptops refuse to work with Mediaportal (1 Viewer)

Kit Elliott

Portal Member
April 5, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Ok, so latest update in case anyone else happens to hit this problem.

I recently re-installed the OS (Win 7 Home Premium) as I had upgraded the processor to an i5 (from a Pentium dual core) and had been having standby problems. (System works much better now). After the re-install and subsequent re-installation of Mediaportal from scratch, the original problem was still happening - laptops both froze when trying to access a streaming fed. They would get into TV guide successfully, but no further.

So, as a last resort I changed the streaming port from the default to a different one (1080 - purely 'cos I can remember it easily). After that, hey presto, everything working fine on everything. Both laptops happily connect to the server and stream both live and recorded TV. I have no idea why as I had tried this way back on the original installation with no result. Maybe it was because the clients had to hunt for the port or some other reason, either way, problem resolved and I am now one happy bunny as I can view from anywhere. Especially useful as more and more HD channels are becoming available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom