Live Commercial Skipping Question in 1.9.0 pre-release (1 Viewer)

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Trying out 1.9.0 Pre, specifically I'd like to test the Live Commercial Skipping and I'm not seeing where it is doing anything for me. It could be that I have not been able to toggle it on yet. I use CEC-Remote and I think maybe I can't map any keys there until the plugin has been updated. I don't see any way to map a key on the keyboard to toggle it either. Am I just out of luck for a while or is there something I can manually tweak to get it going? So far, everything else is going smoothly with the pre-release.
    Oh, another quick question while I'm on commercial skipping... will it be writing the logo, edl, and txt files to the timeshifting directory or somewhere else?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for the quick reply HomeY but, I already have comskip working with regularly recorded files. I'm just trying to figure out how to use the new option in 1.9.0 pre to skip commercials in live TV. Can't seem to get it going that way.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm just trying to figure out how to use the new option in 1.9.0 pre to skip commercials in live TV. Can't seem to get it going that way.
    That's because that feature wasn't merged to master, and therefor not included in the 1.9 Pre Release.
    So it's normal you can't get it to work for now.

Gcarr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2014
    Home Country
    Ah that explains it. Thanks for setting me straight on that. Sure hope it makes it to 1.9 Final.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sure hope it makes it to 1.9 Final.
    That won't happen, since new features are always introduced in the Pre Releases, so we can get some final testing from the community on different hardware.
    The current problem with this feature is that we prefer to introduce it as a plugin, which it isn't at the moment.

But if you want to give it a try, i'm building an installer based on 1.9 Pre Release now and will update the download link in JIRA.
    Should be done in about 10 minutes. Done ;)

If you run into any issues, please let us know here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp-4210-live-commercial-skip.123855/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom