[solved] Live TV OK, will not record (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks - perfect. (y)

The TV service log files are full of:
    [2016-09-22 18:21:08,807] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - scheduler: SchedulerWorker inner exception System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecordEveryTimeOnThisChannel(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime)
    at TvService.Scheduler.IsTimeToRecord(Schedule schedule, DateTime currentTime, RecordingDetail& newRecording)
    at TvService.Scheduler.StartAnyDueRecordings()
    at TvService.Scheduler.DoScheduleWork()
    at TvService.Scheduler.SchedulerWorker()

...once every 15 seconds.

In other words, TV Server's scheduler is being thwarted/borked by a rogue schedule or schedules - I suspect, schedule(s) that have somehow been created without a program name.

Please can you try to:
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "Import/Export" section.
    3. Go the the "export" tab.
    4. Tick/select only "schedules".
    5. Click "export now".
    6. Save as etc.
    7. Compress (zip/7z/rar) or change the extension on the created XML file (because you can't directly attach XML files in our forum).
    8. Attach the resulting file to your next reply.
    It's possible that the export will fail for the same reasons that TV Server's scheduler is struggling. If it does, please check if you can view the "schedules" section in TV Server Configuration instead.
    If you can, please attach screenshots showing all the schedules (so we can try to identify the rogue schedule(s) that way).
    If you can't, we'll come up with another way to locate and get rid of the problem.

Ports

Portal Member
    September 20, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Attempted to export schedules. It didn't work, but I may not have been patient enough. I'll try to export again before I leave for work. We'll find out in the evening. However, when moving to the schedules tab, it doesn't display any schedule info. It shows the last selected tab every time.

Thanks
    Aaron

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      19.5 KB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      21.9 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Both of those failures are almost certainly caused by the same schedule(s) that is/are causing the scheduler to fail to record.
    I'm going to bed soon (10 PM here in New Zealand). If you confirm that export fails, I'll try to provide another way to figure out and fix this problem tomorrow.

Ports

Portal Member
    September 20, 2016
    Home Country
    Nope. Left it running all day and the export failed. Does mysql handle the schedule?

Ports

Portal Member
    September 20, 2016
    Home Country
    I blew up the whole install and started over. Something appears to have broken in the mysql database. I deleted the schema and started fresh and its working now.

Aaron

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom