LogoManager 1.0.0.3 [27-11-2022] (2 Viewers)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Main problem is that in your discussion on xbmc forums (yeah, I was following it) you've decided to use rectangle logos and our long discussion here lead us to square logos. :(
    Please guy's ....
    don't use Square or rectangle logo. but only real logo format ..... about size 500px max can be good as source.
    Imagine if one logo is 500x500 and another is 300x500. In every skin MediaPortal guide will look ugly. :eek:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Imagine if one logo is 500x500 and another is 300x500. In every skin MediaPortal guide will look ugly. :eek:
    Resize ...
    use resize in logomanager.(y)
    and why 500px only for 4k TV for example ... in few years, more and more tv will be 4K native, and i hope HTPC too.
    so for now 200px are good for 720p or 1080P, so 2x the size of actual logo, can be good for many years...

about CPU usage maybe add to logomanager, an limitation process, for not have high cpu usage ( only an idea ) ?

i donrg know if you can try French repo, ( azssembla ) you can use it with all format ;)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    500 is still quarter of 1080p. Please find at least 300x300 russian logos

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    @zag2me if you are interested, i can share scripts for converting SVGs to PNGs, trim PNG padding and optimize PNGs, so almost everything can be automated.
    @Jasmeet_181 afaik you also uses scripts for converting. Maybe we can share them, compare and select the approach for best image quality? e.g. i use Inkscape in script mode for converting SVGs because rsvg (and other libs i tested) generate blurry (compared to inkscape output) results.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Next step: converting all packs in one global pack.
    Now: we have several packs, for each Item node in pack we have only Name attribute, that describes the channel alias. Every link to logo file can contain several aliases (e.g. channels "RTL 2", "RTL II", "RTL zwei" all pointing to same channel with same logo. It is just providers that sometimes trying to invent new names for known channels for whatever reason.)
    Suggestion: Combine all packs in one global pack.
    Problem: some channels have same name/alias, but the channels are different. Best example: RTL. The german RTL channel differs completely from french RTL channel, but both are called "RTL". So we need to handle such cases.
    Possible solution: Add an additional attribute with short country name (DE, FR, AU, etc.) to Item node (alias), and first search for channel alias disregarding country addition. If more than one logo for that name will be found, then decide what logo is correct:
    • either basing on user preferences (that mean we still need to assign country names to channel groups as we do it now for packs)
    • or we should first ask user what channel logo is appropriate for that particular channel (that means we can ask several times during first scan, but user desicion for each channel should be saved locally to not to ask during next automatical updates).
    So what do all of you think about it? What approach is better? Or do you have another solution or see other problems? Then, please, share them !

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Or search in native country pack first and then look in global/others

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    the idea is to have only one pack (read above)
    I'm talking about another way of resolving conflicts. If you grab logos from items/aliases with your country tag first you'll get right RTL one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom