LogoManager 1.0.0.3 [27-11-2022] (4 Viewers)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    based on SID channel ? for channel with the same name ?
    but this one need many work

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Neither your approach nor mine will not help them
    both my variants will help: for 1st to get it work he needs to have these channels in different groups, and for second one - it will clearly work.
    if the user has both channe lgerman and french, only one logo can be stored with the same name
    yes. in that case the user can rename one channel, and we still can find it because we have fallback option searching on tuningDetails name. But resulting name is the display name, so it should work. Yes, this is just a workaround, but what can TV server do in such case?

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    the only solution is to read the SID.
    in worst case SIDs can also be equal, because these channels will be transmitted by different providers, and same SIDs can be used in different networks (different NIDs) and transports (TSID). Si SID is also not a solution. Every channel can identify itself from combination ProviderType(DVB-S or -T or ATSC etc.) + NID+ TSID + SID. in that case you will get really unreadable names, and still then nobody can guarantee that channel will be moved to another frequency getting different combination of those numbers, but retaining its name. Current solution will work though :)

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I like the idea of a global repository of logos with an automatic download of your country's logos when there's a conflicting name. I think TV3 in Scandinavia is such an example. If the automatic function didn't select the correct logo then it would be nice if the user could be able to change it manually from GUI :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom