M4B (1 Viewer)

Coolrat

April 5, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

Would it be possible to get MPTagThat to recognize m4b files. The m4b container is just a renamed m4a, that makes it possible for iPods and other to recognize the file a an audiobook.

Freuli

Portal Pro
October 31, 2007
Hello,

any news about that? For me it would be highly appreciated to get m4b files into the database.

Regards
Markus

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    SOrry, totally forgot about it. and i was busy with MediaPortal over the last weeks.
    It is on my list now, tough i don't know yet, when i will do it.

Freuli

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2007
    Hello,
    whats about real life. Hopefully everything is getting better before x-mas. Do you have any news regarding m4bs?

Thanks
    Markus

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I am currently working on an update for MPTagThat, which will include it.
    However you would need the same binary in MP, in order for m4b to be recognized.
    And we are in feature freeze for 1.6. I can create a custom build for MP 1.6 for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Update: I was looking up now the NSIS installer. Seems that i can make it to install silently. Just published a first version of MPTagThat 2. the next update can have a silent version, if you are still interested.
    Update: I was looking up now the NSIS installer. Seems that i can make it to install silently. Just published a first version of...
    Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from...
    Replies
    Views
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    I avoid touching that system as long as it runs. Now that 2.4.1 seems to run again, I probably wait for the next issue.
    Hi, I have just upgraded from MP 2.2.2 to MP 2.4.1, and now the client won't start. I see the splash screen, and then it just...
    Replies
    Views
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload your debug log files, if you want to solve the issue.
    Installing other software, especially MP1, which is partly sharing Tv service with MP2, can make everything worse. Please upload...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom