madVR Settings thread (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @kenwonders Any suggestions on which HDR settings will be best for a TV without HDR or can I just ignore them given non HDR video content?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    @kenwonders Any suggestions on which HDR settings will be best for a TV without HDR or can I just ignore them given non HDR video content?
    If it's non HDR content then don't worry as the settings won't matter.

As per usual with madVR, the best settings for HDR are based on your capability :) I'll let you know when I've tested the 2 HDR files I have with this version.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With the combination of the Madvr and HEVC etc. branches I am now back again using Madvr which is super.:) So I can now play my MKV/MVC's in 3D again but there are occaisions when I would like to be able to switch off the 3D and play in regular 2D preferably using my remote. In an attempt to do this I have set up profiles in Madvr under "Rendering" one with 3D enabled the other with 3D disabled and in the "Profile Group" I set a KB shortcut to toggle the profiles but I can't get ot to work properly, it only switches once, i.e. from 3D on to off but further key presses will not switch 3D back on again i.e. it does not seem to toggle the profiles.
    Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong or have another method for dynamically switch 3D on and off???

GeYe

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For 3D MVC MKVs i dont need profiles in madvr. Use the 3D button on your TV remote to active or deactive the mode. I mapped this to my harmony without problems.

And i only have checked rendering -> stereo 3d -> when playing 3d -> enable

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For 3D MVC MKVs i dont need profiles in madvr. Use the 3D button on your TV remote to active or deactive the mode. I mapped this to my harmony without problems.

And i only have checked rendering -> stereo 3d -> when playing 3d -> enable

Thanks for that but, perhaps sadly, I do not have a Harmony remote just a generic media center one which does not have a 3D button. My TV remote does have a 3D button but I would prefer to find a method to control 3D playback using the media center remote which controls everything else. That is why I have attempted to use profiles in Madvr but so far they have not worked as expected.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    MadVR Settings for Intel HD4000 DXVA

Deinterlacing Automatic when needed and Deactivate if in doupt
    Chroma Upscaling Bilinear (Ive tried BiCubic 75 with anti-ringing checked but gives me problems with TV)
    Image Downscaling DXVA2
    Image Doubling Always if upscaling needed use NNEDI3 to Double Luma Resolution 64 neurons
    Image Upscaling DXVA2
    Use Direct3D 9 for presentation (for 3D MVC real 3D is needed D3D11 if compatible MadVr will auto update)
    Smooth Motion Enable Smooth Motion only if judder without
    dithering random
    Video Decoders DXVA2, enabled hardware deinterlacing
    LAV Video decoder Intel QuickSync or Copy-Back and adaptive HD deinterlacing. DXVA2 (native) is actually working properly with V102
    Trade quality for performance leave default settings

Are these settings still what you use, @alexdepalma ?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom