MailTip plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Seebaer2703

Portal Pro
February 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello, I am following this plugin for a long time and tried to install it from the very beginning. In this plugin I've been waiting a long time and it was worth it. I agree Catavolt how fast it has yet developed. Keep it that way.
As a thank you but is sometimes appropriate. (Entschuldigt, mit Google übersetzt)

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello, I am using MP1.6 on Windows 8.1 with skin PurevisionHD and keep running into a logon issue with my host server. The details are entered correctly. The log error is shown below:

[2014-01-15 22:49:41,246] [Error ] [18 ] [ERROR] - MailTip: POP Mailbox authentification failed. (Error code: unknown user or invalid password) - Host: pop.secureserver.net, Port: 995, SSL: True
    Any ideas or comments please?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    with skin PurevisionHD
    That´s good :p
    [2014-01-15 22:49:41,246] [Error ] [18 ] [ERROR] - MailTip: POP Mailbox authentification failed. (Error code: unknown user or invalid password) - Host: pop.secureserver.net, Port: 995, SSL: True
    That´s not so good ;)
    Pls verify every mailbox profile with the "test profile" button in MailTip config.
    If this is OK, then save your profile with the "save" button next to your profile name, then save the whole configuration by clicking on the "Save" button in the lower area ;)
    I have marked the buttons for you in the screenshot below:

MailTip Config.JPG

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Catavolt,
    the settings are the same as in my Outlook client. I rechecked logon credentials, i.e. server, username, password, port and ssl. All appear correct. The server is with GoDaddy. Any other things I should check or is this a possible incompatibility with server? Have saved profiles, saved config and then gone back in to test connect with same result.

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have also tried a hotmail account, again with a login failure. I saved the profile, exited out of the mailtip config and MP config and then re-entered config to test the profile all to no avail. I suggest that this plugin is interacting with something else that is upsetting mailtip. Any ideas?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    please find at the first post of this thread and in our repository version 0.5.7 of MailTip.
    Due to some configuration related changes please check your settings before using this new release.

... I have also tried a hotmail account, again with a login failure. I saved the profile, exited out of the mailtip config and MP config and then re-entered config to test the profile all to no avail. I suggest that this plugin is interacting with something else that is upsetting mailtip...
    As catavolt said before, please publish logs. Additionally to this, please describe "steps to reproduce" and follow the reporting guidelines described here. Otherwise nobody can help in a efficient way.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom