MailTip plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
the next big milestone for this plugin has been achieved today, now MailTip v0.6.0 supports the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) protocol additionally.
Please be aware, that this version has been tested internally only, maybe not all new functionalities works as expected under your personal mailbox configuration. Please test this version to make it more robust, to give constructive feedback and to find issues which has not been detected yet.

Thank you in advance, happy testing and cheers,
Micropolis

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just installed the latest version and tried the exchange active sync but I got a popup saying that the mailbox does not fulfill the minimum requirements. I am running Exchange 2010 on the server. Is there some other configuration I need on the mailbox. It works fine with my smartphone.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
... but I got a popup saying that the mailbox does not fulfill the minimum requirements ...
to use MailTip, your Exchange server must support protocol version 12.1 or higher.
Normally Exchange 2010 comes with protocol version 14.0, but I don't have a test machine yet. I'll check the validation routines next week, maybe the expression is wrong.

Where did you get the popup? When using the "Test Profile" functionality or inside the GUI?

Micropolis

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
I ran the test app and the problem seems to be in my connection string. Both version values are coming back empty. The strange thing is that when I run the profile test it doesn't give me the invalid connection string error. I even tried entering a completely invalid URL as a test and it still came back with the does not fulfill the minimum requirements error as if it connected. The server URL is the same as what I have entered on my windows smartphone that works. I tried it both with SSL (port 443) and without (port 80). Do I need to enter the full URL, i.e. http://<server DNS name> or just the server DNS name?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
...The strange thing is that when I run the profile test it doesn't give me the invalid connection string error...
I've made a partly rework of the "Test Profile" funtionality and set the minimum protocol version to 12.0 for testing purposes (temporarily).
Please try again and use the DNS name only.

Micropolis

gwatkins

Portal Pro
December 8, 2013
Richardson, Texas
Home Country
I tested the update but now it simply says that the connection settings are not valid no matter how it is entered but it doesn't show an error code to tell me why. Just to double check my settings I also ran a free online EAS test app and the same settings passed their test. If you want I could set you up with a test email address on my exchange server so you could test it yourself.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello gwatkins,
... If you want I could set you up with a test email address on my exchange server so you could test it yourself...
Thank you for this offer. This would be very helpful to find the root cause.
Please create a test account and send me the credentials via private message, thank you in advance.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom