MailTip plugin v1.5.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
please find at the first post of this thread and in our plugin repository a newer version of MailTip. This release contains some improvements to IMAP account handling and better support for failed extended list commands (e.g. Google Mail Germany).

@Helios61: This should fix your problem described above.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should not appear a pop-up when new mail arrives ? Since I started using the plugin I've never had a pop-up. In the settings the test was right.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi D3ltoroxp,

... Should not appear a pop-up when new mail arrives ? Since I started using the plugin I've never had a pop-up. In the settings the test was right....

from my point of view your issue should be fixed now with latest version 1.0.2. Please retest and give a short feedback.

Thank you and regards,
    Micropolis

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Micropolis,
    Is it possible to use your plugin with the GoDaddy pop mail servers? All I get is an authentication error for all accounts.
    Thanks
    Goannaman

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi D3ltoroxp,

... Should not appear a pop-up when new mail arrives ? Since I started using the plugin I've never had a pop-up. In the settings the test was right....

from my point of view your issue should be fixed now with latest version 1.0.2. Please retest and give a short feedback.

Thank you and regards,
    Micropolis

So here are my log file. I have now the newest version but no Popup is showing.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Goannaman, @D3ltoroxp,

... Is it possible to use your plugin with the GoDaddy pop mail servers?
    Sure, it's possible in case I have a test account for this provider. Please create or provide me this account and send me the credentials using a personal message.

... I have now the newest version but no Popup is showing...
    Strange. From my point of view it makes sense to tell me, which account provider do you apply and which protocol do you use. Also it could be useful to know, what the plugin mailbox capability and mailbox consistency check reports. I'm not sure, but maybe your mail provider does not support some mechanisms I use to detect new messages.

Micropolis

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Micropolis, Mailtip now works with GoDaddy.:)
    With regard to the plugin causing exit problems I can confirm that with only MailTip (of your plugins) installed and activated, once run it cause a hang on exit. If installed but not run then no exit problem is exhibited. I have attached main log below. Problem also occurs with your other plugins, but as they update automatically, I don't have to manually run them.
    Many thanks
    Goannaman

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Goannaman,
    thank you for this feedback, the official version incl. required changes for GoDaddy will be published in the next few weeks.
    Regarding your other problem: After taking a look into your log file it seems, that MailTip does not have the rights to save changes into the configuration file of MediaPortal. (mediaportal.xml). Now there are two options to fix the issue:
    • please configure write access for MailTip and/or other plugins
    • open the MailTip configuration and switch off the option "Remember GUI settings" in "Expert Settings" (see chapter 4.3 of included manual how you can open these special settings)
    Hope that helps, cheers,
    Micropolis

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Goannaman, @D3ltoroxp,

... Is it possible to use your plugin with the GoDaddy pop mail servers?
    Sure, it's possible in case I have a test account for this provider. Please create or provide me this account and send me the credentials using a personal message.

... I have now the newest version but no Popup is showing...
    Strange. From my point of view it makes sense to tell me, which account provider do you apply and which protocol do you use. Also it could be useful to know, what the plugin mailbox capability and mailbox consistency check reports. I'm not sure, but maybe your mail provider does not support some mechanisms I use to detect new messages.

Micropolis
    hello micro. I use googlemail and the imap protocol. I have tried it with msn. But there i have no connection and mepo hangs after start it. So actualy i have uninstall the plugin. For me its to unstable because i have many other plugins.but thank you for your replay.

Goannaman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi Micropolis,
    having seen the log I have already tried to grant full access to everyone to the mediaportal.xml file. Since other plugins are also causing the problem, (worldweather, worldtime, IMDB+) I would like a general solution. So since my own attempt failed, what exactly do I have to do to grant the appropriate permission for all these plugins?
    Many thanks
    Goannaman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom