Many copies of MyFilms - date/time.xml (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Guzzi ,

I realized that upon every start of MediaPortal there is a new file MyFilms - date time Z.xml created:
    What is the purpose of this file? I assume it has to do with the central configuration, but is there a real need for indiviudally time-stamped copies?
    Can I stop this by some setting?
    If it is required, can you imagine to limit the number of files being created?

Thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    From memory, MyFilms writes such file when it does a "migration" of the DB file, e.g. to create/populate MultiUserStates fields - to make sure, that in case something goes wrong there still is a backup copy. If such files are created again and again, that is a sign, that MF does this on each startup (which is not intended).
    Are you using latest AMC version to edit your catalog? This is known to be incompatible to former DB/file format.
    If you startup MF, e.g. change the watched status of a movie manually (to make sure data is written back), close MyFilms/MP and then start again, that file should NOT be written again. If it happens despite of that, only thing I can offer is you send me your DB and settings to have a look at them...

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, the behavior is really strange.

I did what you suggested and changed the watch Status of one movie, closed MP and restarted. Among the logs is one MyFilms with current date and time, and a file date of now (correct

I then closed and restarted MP once again: A new MyFilms with current date and time is created -BUT with a file date of Oct 5. And that's the Problem, the Directory gets flooded with countless vesions of MyFilms with different date/time but ALL with the same Windows file date Oct 5 / 12:36.

Files.JPG

Does this give any hint?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually it is copying the file MyFilms.XML, which is dated 05.10.2014 12:36, at every start of MePo. I renamed this file now so that yFilms can't find it anymore. Result is that a new MyFilms.XML is created (probably copied from the central Server), again with Windows date Oct 5. However, now it is create MyFilms -date/time copies that have a new date. At each Startup a new copy appears in the Directory with current date/time.

f you would like to PM you any files, just let me know what you would like to get.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Ah, I misunderstood first post - thought you were talking about DB/xml file, but you're talking about the config file.
    So forget about what I said before - this relates to the movie DB itself.
    Re backup copies of config file - I looked into the code, yes, this copy happens on each start as noone complained about it yet. So it's not possible to change that without code change, it is not configurable.
    I created an issue for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom