[solved] MCE custom mapping lost (1 Viewer)

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Off topic, but: This upgrade made me loose my custom Remote MCE-Mapping. Any easy way to restore from a backup?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Not sure which version you are referring to (no system specs;)).

In 1.13 the standard MCE part was removed and remotes are now handled through the Generic HID abstraction layer. You will probably need to redefine your custom mappings in the respective GUI section.

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    My custom mappings were also lost. I just upgraded to 1.13. Using windows 10.
    They worked perfect before that.

How can the custom mappings be restored ?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyone who were using our now retired 'Microsoft MCE' remote handler will have to make sure 'HID' is enabled though this should be handled automatically.
    Any custom mapping is lost in the process and needs to be redone either through the configuration tool or by editing the relevant XML files.
    Your custom 'Microsoft MCE' configuration XML file should still be on your system so if you are used to fiddle with XML file it should be fairly easy to port your MCE custom actions to HID.

See also our HID documentation there:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/MediaPortal_Configuration/8_Remote/01_HID

If you are still having problems with a specific custom action you are trying to apply please open a dedicated thread in our support forum and tag me there @Stéphane Lenclud

Last edited:

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Hi,

Not sure which version you are referring to (no system specs;)).

In 1.13 the standard MCE part was removed and remotes are now handled through the Generic HID abstraction layer. You will probably need to redefine your custom mappings in the respective GUI section.
    Yeah, as this thread was moved ;););)

snake_lorenzo

Portal Member
    March 24, 2013
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    This isn't a very good update. Why fix what ain't broken ? It took me at least a month to get my custom mapping done.

At the very least you could of put a warning on the new update letting people know that something destructive would happen to custom mapping.
    If I had of known, I wouldn't of upgraded. Last thing I want to do is do new custom mapping, on Christmas day no less.

This update is just crap. Why don't you guys ever work on things that would be needed. Like a comic book reader..
    Instead we get new crappy skins that change already existing and customized settings.

Instead you keep on screwing with things that don't need to be screwed with.
    I'm tired of it. Seems like all I ever do with Mediaportal is try and fix things that don't work properly.
    Think it's time For a new media center. Guess I won't be using and showing of mediaportal to freinds and family today. Thanks for that.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This isn't a very good update. Why fix what ain't broken ? It took me at least a month to get my custom mapping done.

At the very least you could of put a warning on the new update letting people know that something destructive would happen to custom mapping.
    If I had of known, I wouldn't of upgraded. Last thing I want to do is do new custom mapping, on Christmas day no less.

This update is just crap. Why don't you guys ever work on things that would be needed. Like a comic book reader..
    Instead we get new crappy skins that change already existing and customized settings.

I'm tired of it. Seems like all I ever do with Mediaportal is try and fix things that don't work properly.
    Think it's time For a new media center. Guess I won't be using and showing of mediaportal to freinds and family today. Thanks for that.
    Just revert to 1.12 your custom mapping should still work when using the MCE handler.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks for the pointer, your contribution is valuable to us, we have therefore updated the release notes to show that in bold red letters.
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/news/mediaportal-1-13-0-release

spachti

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2005
    Bible Belt
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but the new skin and the changes to the remote handling are really hard to swallow.

Users who are viewing this thread