Media Portal.exe No Disk (1 Viewer)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Following the playback of a Disk Image, if I ever close and restart MP I get this "No Disk" message (see attached screenshot) displayed durring the load procedure. I can dismiss the message with cancel but it will reappear on all subsequent restarts of MP and I have only been able to clear it completely with a reboot. The drive mentioned "F" is the virtual one used by Virtual Clone Drive.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• NoDisk.jpg
      NoDisk.jpg
      304.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you added F: as a folder/share in videos, music or a plugin?

Log files would be helpful. ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you added F: as a folder/share in videos, music or a plugin?/QUOTE]

I checked in MP Config and F: is listed in Music,Videos and Pictures but not selected i.e. the check boxes are not ticked, as a test I did delete F: from all those sections and was able to start MP without the notification, however as soon as I mounted an image the listings and the notification reappeared.:unsure:

Log files would be helpful. ;)

The attached logs start at 12:41 today and follow clearing the logs and a reboot so both the initial statup of MP and closing and restarting it at 12:42 were without the "No Disk" notification.
    12:43 Opened Moving Pictures and selected an .iso movie which played till 12:46 then stopped it, exited Moving Pictures and closed MP.
    12:47 started MP and the No Disk" notification appeared, 12:48 exited MP and collected the attached logs.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So to be clear, the "no disk" notification only seems to occur when an ISO/image is mounted?

Yes, it only occurs after an .iso has been mounted, although I don't know when the dismount happens, (stopping the movie, exiting Moving Pictures or MP) as I run fullscreen and have only checked the status after closing MP at which point it has been dismounted.

What happens if you disable the file existence cache option as shown here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...MediaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI#GUI_Settings

Then the notification goes away:oops:. Many thanks, no idea how that setting got enabled but turning it off fixes it(y).

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, turning off file existence does nothing.
    Well it is now nearly 2 years since I had this problem (don't even remember which version I was using then) and it has never returned since changing that setting.
    I'm now on MP 1.18 and it is still OK with mounting .iso so it certainly fixed it for me.:)
    @tandoni You might be wise to start a new thread and include logs.;)
    UPDATE:-
    I no longer use the Titan skin, I'm now on DWHD so that could also be a factor.:unsure:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom