Media Portal freezes on wake (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is another one: Everything activated on client, i.e. PS, Trakt, TVSeries, FH - and server in standby!

I manually put the client into standby at 9:58 and woke it up at 10:10 (with the server being in standby). Absolutely no issue (y) (other than an error message relating to weather.com, which is probably unrelated, in any way unimportant). You might look into the log to verify that all power messages are in line with your expectations.

Conclusions:
    • Your updated version (12.100.8) appears to resolve the previous issues
    • The server being in standby upon client resume is not the course of the previously observed trouble
    Next thing to check will be the same scenario, but with a longer client standby period to verify if that makes any difference.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same as before, resuming client (with server in standby) after 100 min (10:26 --> 12:05): Everything works :)

Is there anything in the log that would not be OK?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

This morning I woke the client up to see how things went. It came up with the MP menu screen from yesterday evening and stayed there, apparently frozen.

However, this time it turned out to not be due to MediaPortal but to access issues. I could not open the shares in the explorer, despite the server being online. I then verified the network connection, which turned out to be a standard private network, whereas theoretically this shows as a domain network with the respective name. Reboot reestablished the connection with the domain. Absolutely weird, because I could connect to the server via Server dashboard login. I'll investigate further into this but IMHO nothing to do with MP.

So I trust that MP was simply waiting for the shares/TVServer to come online...

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @HTPCSourcer
    Sorry, I haven't had a chance to look at any of your most recent log files or posts - it has been a really busy weekend.
    I'll try to find some time to check everything sometime in the next few days.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    upload_2015-11-22_13-15-39.png

tadaaa.

next test : running MP from Watchdog option 1.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To me it looks as if Seb's 12.100.8 is resolving the freeze and focus issues of MediaPortal (y).
    • MePo database open/close issues all appear resolved.
      • DatabaseManager errors logged for FanartHandler were eliminated by ajs' new dll, which he provided in the FH thread.
      • Trakt and TVSeries database management acts correctly on remote share
      • I have not yet reactivated InfoServices, but likely this plugin will require some brush up by its author to close and reopen its database when entering standby and resuming
    • Remaining problems are unrelated to MediaPortal
      • USB IR-Receiver sometimes not working anymore after resume (seems to be a common problem under Windows; also reported elsewhere from MePo users)
      • Automatic logging in the domain user on HTPC1 can fail, resulting in connection to a private instead of a domain network on the client (absolutely mysterious since credentials are pulled from registry. Anyway, I observed this only once)
    @Sebastiii , great work! Will you push this to master so that future releases can be tested by a broader audience and eventually get into an official release?

Regards,
    HTPCSourcer

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom