Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii

can you revert the MP1-4704 from the 1.13 test build and merge the new branch?

The 1.13_HTPC has it reverted, but you talk about the branch you has pushed yesterday ?
    I'm not 100% sure to follow.

The MP1-4704 should be part of the next pre-release right ?, for sure i didn't notice regression but like mm said, better to have it for wider tesing (from area51 thread)

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

From the conversations it seems to me that this is not included in MP 1.13 final, right? What will I miss if I install this fix instead of MP 1.13 final?
    I sometimes have various issue when I resume MP from standby mainly disappearing backdrops, MP freezing after the first video was played or showing cannot play when I start a second video. Sometimes MP seems to resume just fine...

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Could post fresh logs when it happen ?
    In 1.13 there is a fix for resume but not the focus MP on resume, it will be part on 1.14 PR.
    Also in 1.13 some users get TV freezed and i have put a core.dll (v3) to avoid it.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

LennyW

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In 1.13 there is a fix for resume but not the focus MP on resume, it will be part on 1.14 PR.
    Also in 1.13 some users get TV freezed and i have put a core.dll (v3) to avoid it.
    @Sebastiii : Which Watch dog version would you recommend? I will try to reproduce it as soon as I can, but I am travelling at the moment.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii : Which Watch dog version would you recommend? I will try to reproduce it as soon as I can, but I am travelling at the moment.

First option will disable all plugins so we can test with native one :)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys,

I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of days ago and facing the same issue with a frozen MediaPortal. I tried the 1.13, the 1.13 from Sebastiii and the 1.14 pre release version...

Still having that problem:
    If Mediaportal wakes up for a scheduled recording it is frozen.
    If I wake Mediaportal with my remote or by using the power button/keyboard everything is just fine.

Please see my log attacht.
    Hint for the log:
    I scheduled a recording for 22:00 (with 15 minutes pre record time) and put the computer into hibernate mode at 21:41. At 21:43 the systems awakes and Mediaportal was frozen.

Thanks for any help.

Edit:
    PS: As you can see in the log-file I tried with WiFiRemote as well. But didn't work.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If Mediaportal wakes up for a scheduled recording it is frozen.
    The PC should be in away mode (ie. no user present) and so the user interface should be disabled ("frozen"). This is normal. If you press a key/button on your keyboard/remote when the PC is in away mode, the PC should come out of away mode and the user interface should be enabled.

Please see my log attacht.
    Hint for the log:
    I scheduled a recording for 22:00 (with 15 minutes pre record time) and put the computer into hibernate mode at 21:41. At 21:43 the systems awakes and Mediaportal was frozen.
    Thank you for the log file... but everything is normal there, as explained above.

Suspend:
    [2016-03-12 21:41:10,847] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_APMSUSPEND)

Resume for recording in away mode (user interface disabled):
    [2016-03-12 21:43:39,200] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC)

Enable user interface when you press a key/button:
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: User is providing input to the session
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Providing input - Resuming operation of user interface

Everything is working as intended here...

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your fast reply.

Enable user interface when you press a key/button:
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST (PBT_POWERSETTINGCHANGE)
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: User is providing input to the session
    [2016-03-12 21:46:12,129] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: Providing input - Resuming operation of user interface

Sounds good to me, but sadly Mediaportal is still frozen... I can't navigate, the clock hangs on the time I put the computer to hibernate mode. I tried ALT+TAB a couple of time before, still no luck.

In a couple of minutes my computer will be awake for grabbing EPG data. I will check, if this happens there, too. And I will provide a new log file with more navigation.

Everything is working as intended here...

almost ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom