Media Portal Struggle: Full screen tv from standby (1 Viewer)

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
May 10, 2015
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I've completely rebuilt my HTPC as i couldn't get rid of the some MP errors.
I've now made a full system backup of it prior to any MP components being installed so all the other prerequisites e.g. sql express 2012 etc. are there.

The function that I have never been able to get to work is waking from standby mode back into full screen tv.
I came across the same bug here
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-standby-hibernate-not-working.31396/page-1

This old bug was never closed although a number of users were having it. I was wondering if anyone is still experiencing it and if there was a fix for it or if i should log it as a bug.

I believe last time the power scheduler was affecting it some how. I'm happy to provide logs etc and install additional software to track it down the issue e.g. Visual studio.

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
May 10, 2015
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Just a quick follow up . I modified the MediaPortal.xml file as was suggested in the original issue.
Low and behold MP comes back in full tv mode. Unfortunately the screen is frozen and pretty soon there after MP crashes.
Happy to provide logs if anyone is interested.

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
May 10, 2015
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
So by just shutting down and starting MP from windows so i can get some logs I managed to create a new error.

Seems MP can't gain exclusive access to write to the Gentle.config file.
Again there are posts from users who have had the same issue ...solution appears to be to reinstall MP from scratch...again.

Also notice that no one is replying to my posts. I must be getting to be too annoying.

[2015-06-26 14:13:41,659] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - Unable to create/modify gentle.config The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\gentle.config' because it is being used by another process., at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at TvPlugin.ChannelNavigator.SetupDatabaseConnection()

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I agree.

Erick, if you want people to reply then you need to follow the processes that have been set out.

Providing log files is not optional. It's a basic requirement for getting help. That's why we have a sticky thread in this section of the forum:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-and-fill-in-system-specs-for-support.118424/

Also:
    1. Please stop opening new threads about this same issue. By my count this is now the 5th. The more threads you open, the harder it is for people that might want to help you (and people that are struggling with the same problems) to keep track of everything.
    2. Please be patient. Expecting a reply within 24 hours during the week when most people are working is not always realistic.
    3. Please don't reinstall again. It's a waste of your time and ours.

ErickTreetops

Portal Member
    May 10, 2015
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you all for the reply.
    I did intitially post logs screens shots ect to the orginal post which is here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/startup-issues.130844/page-2#post-1138042
    The last reply was 28th of May.
    There was no fix and the error has persisted. I thought perhaps that it being an old post no one was reading it anymore.
    Here is the latest log. System crashed for no apparent reason today.
    it looks like the sql light database FolderDatabase3.db3 is corrupt again.
    Not my original issue but you get the idea. I can't seem to get a stable install.
    Let me know if you need more information regarding my system. I tried to upload the system info file but it's a non supported upload.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I did intitially post logs screens shots ect to the orginal post which is here
    Yes, I'm aware.
    New install => new logs required.
    New problem => new logs required.
    If in doubt => post new logs.

The last reply was 28th of May.
    There was no fix and the error has persisted. I thought perhaps that it being an old post no one was reading it anymore.
    I was replying to all your threads... until I lost track of which thread was most current/active. That's why I've asked you to stick with one thread.

With regard to the error itself: I'm now utterly confused about where you're at.
    Yesterday you said:
    I modified the MediaPortal.xml file as was suggested in the original issue.
    Low and behold MP comes back in full tv mode. Unfortunately the screen is frozen and pretty soon there after MP crashes.

Is this still the case, or...?

it looks like the sql light database FolderDatabase3.db3 is corrupt again.
    I agree that FolderDatabase3.db3 and/or PictureDatabase.db3 (and perhaps others) appear like they may be corrupt.

I note that you said "again". Does that mean this has happened before (because I don't see that in the log files)?

It looks like your computer crashed (BSOD) or lost power unexpectedly at approx. 23:15:39 on 26-06 (ie. last night). File corruption and other problems would not be unexpected when something like that happens, and such problems would not be confined to MediaPortal. From a MediaPortal perspective, best you can do to recover after such an event is to attempt to fix the damage and if possible try to prevent future occurences.

You can attempt to fix corrupt SQLite databases by following the procedure here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Repair_SQLite_Database

If that doesn't work (or you don't want to bother), you can simply delete the SQLite database file(s) and MP will automatically recreate them (...though you'll have to re-import your videos/music/pictures/<whatever>).

Regards,
    mm

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The function that I have never been able to get to work is waking from standby mode back into full screen tv.
    I came across the same bug here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...er-standby-hibernate-not-working.31396/page-1.
    This is no bug, as IMHO this function simply doesn't exist. If you want to get into Fullscreen TV when starting/resuming MediaPortal, you'll need an additional plugin. Look for example here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/auto-start-live-tv-when-opening-mp.131117/#post-1140512

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Really?
    What's wrong with the existing options:
    • select last active module (general -> startup/resume settings)
    • when entering the TV screen
      • turn on TV
      • directly show fullscreen TV

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really?
    What's wrong with the existing options:
    My understanding is that he wants to directly jump into Fullscreen TV without having to select TV first. This is not possible with MePo, but tools like MPStartIt would give him what he wants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom