MediaPortal 1.12 not waking for recording (1 Viewer)

youzhek

September 2, 2015
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Hi,

I have read a few threads about this but none with the issue i have, i hope someone can point me in the right direction here please?

I have MP 1.12 installed on Windows 10 with the PowerScheduler plugin enabled on both server and client. I setup powerscheduler according to instructions in the Wiki but when i schedule a recording nothing shows in the 'next wakeup time' area of powerscheduler or in taskmanager? hence recordings don't work if the pc goes to sleep.

Kind regards

Ade

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As a shot in the dark, have tried rebooting after you setup MP and power scheduler? Might not fix anything, but shouldn't hurt. For some TV Server setting changes you need to use TV Server Config > Manual to stop/start the server. Reboot restarts everything MP and Windows.

youzhek

September 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Thanks for your advice Ron and for the links on how to find the log files.

For anyone else with the same issue, I removed Mediaportal and uninstalled MySQL and reinstalled, also while doing this I read that a user without a password cannot add an entry in Windows task manager, so I gave the user a password and set to log on automatically and now all is fine, the system wakes to record that sleeps after. I'm not sure which fixed the issue but I hope it narrows it down for anyone else experiencing this problem.

Ade

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    youzhek,

I am having this same problem. How did you "give the user a password" ?

Jim

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    How did you "give the user a password" ?
    This is basic Windows stuff (not MP stuff). Goto "Control Panel" and then to "User Accounts". Select the user account you want to change, and add a password for it.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    OK. Sorry. I thought he meant there was some way to give PowerScheduler a password. Since I originally installed MePo without having a password on my HTPC, I guess I should try uninstalling and re-installing MePo and MySQL? Ouch! A lot of work down the drain!

JimmyD

Portal Member
    September 7, 2015
    Home Country
    I have added a password to Windows but the PowerScheduler requests to wake for recordings is still not making it into the Windows Task Scheduler. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV Server is responsible for setting the wake times. Did you change the account which TV Server is using? Note that TV Server usually runs as a system user...

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes, I suggest you post full log files showing the problem so that the cause can either be confirmed to be what you think it is or determined to be something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom