[News] MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta Released (1 Viewer)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Upgraded the main HTPC.... running smoothly, no unexpected issues; had to update aMPed and reset to 4:3, updated WorldWeather, still have 3 plugins that I rarely use to update. The 2 clients are next.

Thanks Team!!!

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this nice present(y) And it's good timing too, wife has Christmas party this evening so I have plenty of time to play this evening.

Just bought a new SSD(took my bicycle on snowy Swedish streets to get to the store during lunchtime), so this evening will be spent on reinstall Windows 7 and MP 1.3 beta:)

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, attempted upgrade of very happy 1.3 Alpha - client only, connecting to external TV server.

Failed on installing the TV Server - log here......

[ INFO] MediaPortal installation
    [ INFO] Logging started: 14.12.2012 10:07:47

snip..

Will repost if I have any more problems:)

TTFN - JCMP.

Ok - as Catavolt has gently pointed out, some dipstick didn't read the writing and stop the TV service manually!-) This did then lead to situation where updated install was impossible, so it needs to be in BIGGER letters or there could be a host of dipsticks (host being the collective noun for dipsticks I've decided, although herd [aka sheep] may seem more appropriate:) come the morrow.

That aside, full install + recovered MovingPicture & MPTVSeries DB's, total sucess. TV client is now however dependant on TV server being 1.3 (assume alpha as well as beta) and not 1.2.3, which does work with 1.3 alpha - quick update of TV Server with 1.3 Beta (which still barf's on WMP11 install, when box has WMP12 already) and all perfect again (absolutely no tinkering needed) - existing 1.3 alpha client also working as expected.

Titan - MovingPictures not supported in Basic Home UNLESS you switch (in GUI) between MyVideos & MovingPicture (this is when MovingPictures is set to load in Home rather than Plugin). Visually stunning and quick, and for those of us in the UK, BBC Weather plugin, install with the Avalon skin extension, then merge these into Titan, not perfect but very close (#header.label not defined).

I'll still wait for Frames to be supported before I switch main machine, but that's just what family knows & I'm happy to 'personalise'.

Again, excellent work all round.

Look forward to more plugins & skins to play with and continued onward and upward development of MePo.

Cheers- JCMP.

el_gato

Portal Pro
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thx to all people involved in this! started the download. now i only need some excuses for my girldfriend why i am not able to help baking the christmas cookies this weekend :D

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Okay, please don't shout too loudly at me if this is 'user error' but I cannot get MP 1.3.0 beta to connect to the TV-Server running 1.3.0 alpha. Is this as expected?

So, on my main HTPC I am running a full TV Server / Client install with 1.3.0 alpha.

I have installed 1.3.0 beta on my laptop to test as a client, but it will not connect to my TV Server. I uninstalled it and tried again with 1.3.0 alpha, and that connected. Uninstalled alpha and re-installed beta - no connection.

lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom