[News] Mediaportal 1.3 Beta - Features Overview (1 Viewer)

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello one and all! Its that time again for another video! Behold MediaPortal 1.3 Beta in all its Titanious glory! No seriously, Team MediaPortal have been working day and night putting together this brilliant release for the interwebs... and YOU! Today I've posted another video, this time a Features Overview for the 1.3 Beta.

I hope you love this awesome free open-source HTPC application as much as we do!

Editted for more sexiness!

Last edited:

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    I'm loving the new release. Still can't get the fanart to work correctly in my videos though even after a completely clean re-install of MP 1.3 beta.

I've noticed that after I do a full scan of my films and get them all added into the database and then check the fanart handler videos section it's basically empty. If I choose the option to manually add a folder and choose the movies folder from the scraper folder then they all appear when I browse my films.

Shouldn't this happen automatically though as it's clearly downloading the fanart but doesn't appear to then populate the fanart handler video section.

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Watch the video...get Moving Pictures from the link in the video and get MY TVSERIES from the MP Extension installer.. they are better!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Really excellent vid SiLenTYL! Too bad the movie you played is not PG or I'd post it on our HP/FB etc. Otherwise awesome, - I think you should get a job in broadcasting :p love all those 'let's jump in here' 'now we can jump right out' 'de, dah, de, dah' :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    it's only 'brief' (pun intended), but still could hit some parental nerves ;). Ofc I think I just increased the hits by saying that :ROFLMAO:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    I'm loving the new release. Still can't get the fanart to work correctly in my videos though even after a completely clean re-install of MP 1.3 beta.

I've noticed that after I do a full scan of my films and get them all added into the database and then check the fanart handler videos section it's basically empty. If I choose the option to manually add a folder and choose the movies folder from the scraper folder then they all appear when I browse my films.

Shouldn't this happen automatically though as it's clearly downloading the fanart but doesn't appear to then populate the fanart handler video section.

Few steps:

1. Download FAHandler from here
    or use MpExtension installer
    ScreenShot001.jpg

2. Install
    3. Open MP Config->Plugins->FAHandler

ScreenShot002.jpg

4. Setup FA Handler

ScreenShot003.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg

4. Enable FA scraping in MyVids (1 to 5 Fanarts per movie), also you can set this in GUISettings inside MP but as we have already opened Config, it's faster here)

ScreenShot005.jpg

5. Save settings (OK button) and start MP, scan movie and that's it. All future movies needs only IMDB scan in MP.

ScreenShot006.jpg

ScreenShot007.jpg

All this was done from scratch (empty videodatabase, no FAHandler installed)

Last edited:

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    You must be using a different fanart handler to me as I see different options! I've installed the one that the extension installer presents me as the latest, version 2.3.1.531

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom