[News] MediaPortal 1.7.1 HotFix Released! (1 Viewer)

4apaev

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
Home Country
Israel Israel
win 7 security scanner reporting about some problem with downloaded installer "MediaPortal_Setup_1.7.0_Final.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"
Is it normal?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    win 7 security scanner reporting about some problem with downloaded installer "MediaPortal_Setup_1.7.0_Final.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer"
    Is it normal?
    yes, thats common for rather new files in IE. Just proceed or wait a few days/hours until it's known to IE's smartscreen-filter.

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which plugins are compatible with 1.7?
    Moving Pictures, Shoutcast, Online Videos, My Emulator, World Weather, Score Center... or what is not compatible and have to be updated?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Which plugins are compatible with 1.7?
    Moving Pictures, Shoutcast, Online Videos, My Emulator, World Weather, Score Center... or what is not compatible and have to be updated?
    For that you'd better check the plugin threads, and see if they have a 1.7 (Pre) version. Every plugin that's compatible with 1.7 Pre Release, will work with the Final release. For sure MovPic, OnlineVideos & World Weather are compatible, i don't use the others ;)

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Just updated from MP 1.5 to 1.7 ... updated all installed plugins with the MPEI app. Only InfoService and MusicInfo plugins did not update, but I had the unofficial dlls available to manually copy into the plugin folder(s). Single Seat and 2 clients... went without a hitch.

THANKS!!!

Airw0lf

Portal Pro
    April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Only niggles for me in upgrading from v1.6.0 were:

1. Forgot to stop TvService so after installing I didn't have the new TvService properly installed (I.e., the executables were missing!) Would be good to remind people when the installer starts to stop their TvService in case problems occur.
    2. Had to manually upgrade InfoService - hopefully one day everything will be upgradeable via MPEI!

Users who are viewing this thread