mediaportal hangs on resume from s3 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alright, new patch attached. :)
    Same installation instructions.

Attachments

• MediaPortal [1.13 fix 0x0 resolution v2].zip
      506.2 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

@mm1352000, i look into the commit, did you remove information on log on purpose ?

Like :
    Log.Info("Main: PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND Resuming automatic operation - order of events is wrong");
    to
    Log.Info("Main: Resuming automatic operation - order of events is wrong");

I suppose yes :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes, I did.
    "Resuming automatic..." obviously means PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC, so it's unnecessary to include it in the log entry.
    Also, at the start of OnPowerBroadcast() you have:
    Code:
    Log.Info("Main: WM_POWERBROADCAST ({0})", Enum.GetName(typeof(PBT_EVENT), msg.WParam.ToInt32()));

This will log whether the case is PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND, PBT_APMSUSPEND, PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC etc. There should be no need to repeat it in every log entry.

lan

Portal Member
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I am very interested in this tread since this kind of freeze has been husting me for too long time.
    I have now installed the latest MediaPortal.exe from this tread.
    Let's see. I not very optimistic but I cross my fingers :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @lan
    I am very interested in this tread since this kind of freeze has been husting me for too long time.
    Have you ever reported this?

Let's see. I not very optimistic but I cross my fingers :)
    Even if the current patch does not help, I'd be happy to try to solve whatever problem you have as well. However you will need to provide log files and a full description of what happens. Without those things I cannot help you.

lan

Portal Member
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ok. This is what happened when I went home from work.

The computer (windows 7) was awake because it was recording something. The DENON receiver and Samsung TV was off. The computer is connected by HDMI to DENON receiver and TV is connected to the receiver with HDMI.

I use the remote (Logitech harmony 9000) to turn on TV and receiver.

MediaPortal was open but in a freeze condition (home screen) showing the time from yesterday (I think it was 23:29 but not sure). Remote / keyboard was not working in MediaPortal.because of the freezing.
    I used ALT TAB to switch to desktop. I could do that but the task bar below the screen was gone. I used CTRL DEL to start task manager and killed mediaportal.exe.
    Task bar was still missing so I also killed explorer.exe and those New Task in task manager and started explorer.exe. Then the task bar was back.

Log is attached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom