mediaportal hangs on resume from s3 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @richardc1983
    I know a significant number of people have problems with standby/resume. The causes of such problems can be very diverse. Personally I don't want this thread to devolve into a discussion about the restart-on-resume option (it's not coming back) or a catch-all for any and all resume problems. When multiple people are replying and providing log files it's difficult to keep track of everything and direct the right advice to the right person. Therefore, @richardc1983 please could you:
    1. Update to MediaPortal 1.13 (if not already running it). There are fixes for a couple of causes of standby/resume problems in 1.13.
    2. Apply the patch from the first post of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-available-bin-to-test-in-first-post.133166/
    3. Fill in your forum profile system specifications.
    4. Start your own thread. In that thread, please:
      1. Describe your specific flavour of standby/resume problem in full.
      2. Provide full log files from the Watchdog tool with option 1 ("report a bug to Team MediaPortal") showing the problem occurring.
      3. Specify the date and time when the problem occurred.
      4. Tag me.
    If you can do that, I'll be happy to try to assist you. :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @lan
    I think I can't disable ArgusTV for a longer period because of the above.
    If this is your decision then unfortunately I can't help you any further and the problem will remain. It's simply impossible to solve a problem if the source of the problem can't be confirmed.

The only other thing I can suggest is to report the problem on the ARGUS forum and ask for a special version of their TV plugin with extra debug logging through standby/resume code. That way you may be able to see if/where ARGUS has problems during resume.

Good luck. :)

richardc1983

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2012
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @richardc1983
    I know a significant number of people have problems with standby/resume. The causes of such problems can be very diverse. Personally I don't want this thread to devolve into a discussion about the restart-on-resume option (it's not coming back) or a catch-all for any and all resume problems. When multiple people are replying and providing log files it's difficult to keep track of everything and direct the right advice to the right person. Therefore, @richardc1983 please could you:
    1. Update to MediaPortal 1.13 (if not already running it). There are fixes for a couple of causes of standby/resume problems in 1.13.
    2. Apply the patch from the first post of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...s-available-bin-to-test-in-first-post.133166/
    3. Fill in your forum profile system specifications.
    4. Start your own thread. In that thread, please:
      1. Describe your specific flavour of standby/resume problem in full.
      2. Provide full log files from the Watchdog tool with option 1 ("report a bug to Team MediaPortal") showing the problem occurring.
      3. Specify the date and time when the problem occurred.
      4. Tag me.
    If you can do that, I'll be happy to try to assist you. :)

Thank you. My brother @Adam86 looks after it all for me so wil ask him if the fix has been applied.

lan

Portal Member
    November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can't disable ArgusTV for further testing because the plugin is being used every day by the users.
    I did what you don't like. I figured out how restart MP on resume. So far this is working fine.
    I used windows build in task scheduler to trigger on resume and execute a cmd file.
    The cmd file just kill mediaportal.exe and starts mediaportal again.
    Not the most elegant solution but until I have other solutions this is how it's going to be.

My guess is that it is something with graphics (intel), DENON receiver, resolution changes and HDMI handshake in one mess.
    Just before my resume script kicks in I can sometimes see MP in the upper left corner with a screen resolution that looks weird.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can't disable ArgusTV for further testing because the plugin is being used every day by the users.
    I understand that people are using the plugin everyday. Of course that puts you in a difficult position. You must decide which is more important: solving the problem or having normal TV access.

To be clear, disabling the ARGUS plugin does not mean that you lose all TV for a week. You could schedule recordings through the ARGUS web UI and view the recordings with the videos plugin. Another possibility is manually disabling and re-enabling the plugin before and after standby.

Anyhow, the main point I'm trying to make is that if you say that you won't disable the ARGUS plugin, the consequence is that I cannot do anything more to help you.

Not the most elegant solution but until I have other solutions this is how it's going to be.
    No other solution is coming. If the problem can't be investigated, it won't be solved.

My guess is that it is something with graphics (intel), DENON receiver, resolution changes and HDMI handshake in one mess.
    Like I've said in my earlier replies, the evidence in the log file clearly points towards the ARGUS plugin. ;)

Just before my resume script kicks in I can sometimes see MP in the upper left corner with a screen resolution that looks weird.
    Sure, that is expected. Your display resolution changes to 1024x768 (Windows native resolution) when your PC goes through standby/hibernate. Normally the MP size/resolution changes depending on the display resolution. However if Windows is killing MP then it will prevent MP from changing resolution.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you suspect that this problem is caused by resolution changes, it might be worthwhile seeing if you can find the registry setting that defines the default screen size that Windows uses.

I used WMC for five years, and this problem was prevalent among WMC users too (including me!). I vaguely remember a "fix" that involved changing the default screen size defined in the registry. I think that some WMC users found that this fix worked, but other WMC users found that it did not work. So stories about this alleged "fix" may be apocryphal. (I went a different route, and never tried this fix.) Here is somewhere to start (I "binged" for "windows registry setting for default screen resolution"):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p/13c17468-0d70-4827-a559-dca0fa558a69?auth=1

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom