SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
MP Config: [X] Minimize to tray on GUI Exit
Run MP, Press Alt+F4 -> MP will minimize into the system tray
Pressing the MCE button on remote should restore MP from the tray.

I got it, thanks for your explaination. :) I had to edit a simple line of code and now MPTray Launcher can be used to restore MP. :)

I'll give a look for an option to select a display to start MP on and roll a new release. ;) I'm not sure to do this today, I came back from holiday this night and I also want to spend some time with my family. :)

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I almost finished 0.3, adding screen selection support command line option and resume from tray.

Should I add anything else for now?

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi there!

I'm pleased to announce that 0.3 version of MediaPortal Tray Launcher is online! You can now select the display screen which on MediaPortal will start and you also can resume MediaPortal when minimized in the systray. :)

Enjoy! And feel free to help me to enhance it! ;)

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hey guys!

Maybe you'll be glad to know that I updated my website to be able to translate its content? The good point for you is that now you'll be able to get all information about MPTray Launcher in english!

If you see any translation mistake (I'll not ask you to read the whole website ahah!) feel free to report it to me. :)

See you!

Last edited:

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
August 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello SolykZ!
I tried MP Tray but it doesn't work properly on my system.

The problems are:
- Mediaportal doesn't start with the green button (never)
- if Mediaportal is out of focus and I press the green button sometimes Mediaportal comes not in front - only the mediaportal icon in the tray starts to blink

MP Tray is correctly installed.
I have checked the box in the Mediaportal Configuration for autostart MP Tray
The MCE services are disabled
It's possible to launch Mediaportal by rightclick on the MP Tray Icon and then click on "Launch..."

Do ypu have any idea what's wrong with my system? How can I find the failure?

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi Andreas. :)

Here we are.. Our first bug - let's give it a try. :) I'd like you to give me some piece of data that could help me to understand the problem:

1. Which kind of remote are you using? Brand, model?
2. With MCE services enabled and Windows Media Center installed (if you'd like to try to, don't forget to unload any MPTray/MediaPortal process first, to avoid any interference), were you able to launch WMC with the green button?
3. With MPTray Launcher launched, are you able to launch MediaPortal using the shortcut ALT+WIN+ENTER?

Andreas Schneider

Portal Pro
August 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
1. Which kind of remote are you using? Brand, model?
IR Receiver: Philips OVU412000/00
Remote Control: Philips RC197

2. With MCE services enabled and Windows Media Center installed (if you'd like to try to, don't forget to unload any MPTray/MediaPortal process first, to avoid any interference), were you able to launch WMC with the green button?
It's enough if I uncheck "MP Tray Autostart ..." and enable the MCE services in the Mediaportal Configuration. Than I'm able to start MCE immediately.

3. With MPTray Launcher launched, are you able to launch MediaPortal using the shortcut ALT+WIN+ENTER?
Yes, that works.

SolykZ

Portal Member
May 30, 2013
Mons
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thanks for your information. I wonder if the green button of your remote is using ALT+WIN+ENTER shortcut combination.

I'd like you to (brace yourself, debug is coming :p):

1. install AutoHotkey ;
2. create a random script (right-clic on your desktop > New > AutoHotkey Script) and edit it this way:

#SingleInstance, Force
#NoEnv
#Persistent
#InstallKeybdHook
SendMode Input

3. save the file and launch the script, there will be a new icon in your system tray (a green one with a big white H on it), double click on that icon ;
4. in the View menu, select key history and script info ;
5. press the green button of your remote control then press the F5 key of your keyboard ;
6. (finally!) paste here the content of the window, in my case it's something like this:

VK SC Type Up/Dn Elapsed Key Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A4 038 d 9.64 LAlt D:\Téléchargements\Test.ahk - AutoHotkey v1.1.10.01
5B 15B d 0.00 LWin
0D 01C d 0.00 Enter
A4 038 u 0.25 LAlt
5B 15B u 0.00 LWin
0D 01C u 0.00 Enter

74 03F d 1.92 F5
Press [F5] to refresh.​

The purpose of this manipulation is to detect which keys are emulated by your remote control when the green button is pressed. In my case, see the bold line above.

Thank you for your help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom