MediaPortal tv server for WMC (1 Viewer)

F

futrader8

Is there a way to use the MP tv server in conjunction with Windows Media Center TV? I would live to use MP as a backend tv server for WMC similar to the way that DVBLink can be used as a backend for WMC. Is this possible?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Everything is possible for a good coder. Just need to code such solution.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No wonder I don't remember. More than 4 years ago and before I joined the team.
    How complex is the patch and would your plugin still work? I'd definitely consider this... :)

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the patch has only the project.files changed adding a snk

but all tve 3 plugins must be sigend too that was the reason why it was rejected

edit have found the patch file and attached

Attachments

• Sign Rc1.patch
      7.5 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, interesting.
    How does your plugin work? Is it a plugin for WMC and TVE... or? I'm trying to understand why WMC would require the binaries on the server side to be signed.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it is a addin for mce no tvserver plugin was needed for that

the mce plugin connect to sever and retrieves all the user requested data
    and starts stop timeshift

the steam playback is the tricky Thing i cant Play with directshow graphs directly inside mce
    can only mce say Play this URL mce search for a directshow filte and try to Play that URL on x86 Systems had it good work but not on x64
    there the tsreader.ax doesnt had x64 Support it was not visible in graphedit x64

so but this is a other solution as dvblink
    dvblink installs virtual dvb tuner so must dvb link not rebuild the ui for recordings guide live tv etc
    in my solution had some rebuild so can the user use both native locale installed Tuners an the backend <- i had think it is more user friendly

PS the last usable .net is 3.5 in mce

Users who are viewing this thread