MediaPortal TV-Server won't import tvguide.xml (1 Viewer)

EatChex89

September 23, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I installed MediaPortal and the TV-Server and it all works just fine, I can watch TV and my remote works with it and everything. The only thing that isn't working is the EPG. I have xmlTV with SchedulesDirect. I downloaded seven days worth of schedule with it to the tvguide.xml file. Unfortunately, the TV-Server won't import the channels into the channel list.

The import status report says that it imported 731 channels, but when I try to map them with the Load/Refresh button , it says "No tv-channels available to map".

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

reverson1

Portal Pro
May 23, 2006
Williamsburg,VA
Home Country
I've been waiting for a response about schedules direct as well.

Maybe you'll have better luck than I have at getting an answer or even a response.................

sbherculano

January 18, 2008
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Same issue

Hi,

MediaPortal 1.0.2
Skin: Xforce
TV-Card: Hauppauge PVR-150

I am having the same issue, I am using Media Portal 1.0.2, I generate a xmltv file that I use without any problem in SageTV but I cannot import this file in Media Portal.

I follow all steps to configure TV-Server (install xmltv in the directory, the xmltv.dtd is available and so on), but when I try to go to the TV-Server configuration and I click in the import button nothing happen. The Status show that 181 channels but any program are imported to the Media Portal.

Any suggestions to solve it ?:)

:D

Sérgio

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This may be related to a pitfall that has been discussed here several times.

You have to go to the 'Mappings' tab, ensure all channels are mapped AND press the 'save' button.

Hope that helps

VdR

S14Silvia

Portal Member
    October 4, 2011
    Home Country
    Okay . . . I need to resurrect this old thread because it pretty much describes the issue I am having. I have combed the wiki, and read endless google results and forum threads, and cannot locate a solution.

I am running Windows 7. I installed MediaPortal 1.2.1 and followed the wiki instructions to set up my video card. I can watch TV successfully.

However, I cannot get my TV Guide to populate. I have enabled XmlTv plugin. I checked the folder C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\xmltv for files - there is an xmltv.dtd, but no tvguide.xml file.

As previously mentioned, I have gone "to the 'Mappings' tab, ensure all channels are mapped AND press the 'save' button." This isn't doing anything that I can tell.

I read somewhere that I needed to pay for a membership to SchedulesDirect . . . I am opposed to paying for something like this - it's silly. The point of "cutting the cable" is to be free of the bill associated with it. I am so surprised that I cannot locate a free solution that just works.

I have fooled around with WebEPG, as well, to no avail. How can I get it to work? I have followed the wiki on this as well.

Can anyone give me pointers on a solution to get TV Guide (EPG) working for a North America setup?

Warm regards

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    This works for me: mc2xml I use the "Microsoft legacy service" it's free however it does not fully support ATSC with subchannels. look at the bottom of the linked page for MP setup. Good luck.

If you use this and have problems post here and i'll see if i can help you out.

S14Silvia

Portal Member
    October 4, 2011
    Home Country
    AWESOME. Thank you oh, so kindly.

With this I was able to populate my TV Guide. Additionally, your idea enabled me to do a more focused search and it turned up this discussion where a how-to is served up. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/electronic-program-guide-67/working-free-us-epg-56712/

I still had problems getting information from Titan TV, so I had to resort to using Microsoft's legacy. As discussed in the thread, I encountered problems getting a working UUID for my card. It would be great to be able to get one, because it's my understanding that Titan TV better supports ATSC.

Thanks again for your help!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    There is a thread in this forum that explains how to set up an account with Titan TV and use a sniffer to get the number to use with mc2xml for Titan. I have Comcast cable so i get analog and QAM signals so all i need is to rename my channels and use a mc2xml.chl file with the channel numbers and i get the right EPG.

Good luck.

S14Silvia

Portal Member
    October 4, 2011
    Home Country
    I am thinking that the post you are referring to is this one (from the forum I noted above): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...king-free-us-epg-56712/index3.html#post415973

The sniffer they use in that post is WireShark. Problem with that post is that you have to have a copy of catalyst media center, or something similar to invoke the card's service so that the UUID is somehow caught. I do not know how that can be done with the software that came with my Hauppauge.

Anyways, cheers!

Christoph21x

Portal Pro
    January 31, 2009
    Berne
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    AW: MediaPortal TV-Server won't import tvguide.xml

Dear all,

I think, the thread and the authors touched various (different) reasons.
    To check, if you have a REAL problem is simple - if you don't have yet a valid (OWN created) tvguide.xml or guide.xml, which is created properly (by "whatever" software):
    1. Activate BOTH plugins: WebEPG AND XMLTV
    2. configure WebEPG for some testing channels properly with the property to write a XMLTV file (not anything else - you can select it withing the MP TV-Server Configuration / Plugins)
    3. configure XMLTV to read exactly THIS file. XMLTV will check for this file every minute so you should see it rather soon in your guide.
    4. Hit "grab now" - and it will show you as soon as it's finished
    5. Wait 5 minutes and check your TV guide.

Please note: WebGrab ist not really grabbing ALL information, just very limited. Many times, information as "actors", "directed by", "original title", etc. is missing. but if you've st up things running, THEN you can care for another grabber...
    ... and the deactivate THEN WebEPG - but NOT the XMLTV plugin

Kind regards from Switzerland - Christoph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom