Mediaportal - Yes/No dialog box - cannot get focus to select (1 Viewer)

Paul.J.Randall

Portal Member
February 11, 2014
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi, I am running MP 1.6.0 and it is now started to freeze when starting up. After a few reboots I noticed that there appears to be a hidden dialog box when I look at the task bar (when MP appears to be frozen on starting up) "Mediaportal - Yes/No dialog"
I have tried pressing enter and using the arrow keys (on the remote as well) and I just cannot get MP to carry on the start up with either a yes or no. I just cannot see or get focus on that box. I am not sure what it is but I think it is some sort of mpei wanting to be installed. I tried going into MP Config and stop any plugins wanting to be updated but that did not help. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    There some rework on that part (for dialog) on 1.7.0 and maybe 1.8.0Pre release :)
    So if you can upgrade and supply log :)

Paul.J.Randall

Portal Member
    February 11, 2014
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks, I did try to upgrade to 1.7.0 but MP would not start at all with the error TvPlugin 1.6.0 version error. I did try and find the TvPlugin version 1.7.0 but I could not find it so I went back to MP 1.6.0. I am running ARGUS 2.2.1 TV so I am not sure it that has something to do with it. Also where is the log that you require?[DOUBLEPOST=1401662668][/DOUBLEPOST]I will try the MP 1.7.0 upgrade again and I see now where to get the logs from your link.

Paul.J.Randall

Portal Member
    February 11, 2014
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have tried to re-upgrade to MP 1.7.1 and have got the same error (see TvPlugin.jpg). I have now got a issue with Argus TV not installing (see Argus install error.jpg). So should I be using Argus TV or somehow upgrade/install the native MP Tv engine?

Attachments

• Argus install error.jpg
      Argus install error.jpg
      57.4 KB
    • TvPlugin.jpg
      TvPlugin.jpg
      18 KB

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Surely Argus need an update against newest MP release.
    For your test did you need the TV part ? (if not, you can remove the faulty plugin and do your test :)

If i'm not wrong Argus replace original tvplugin.dll with the argus one in :
    'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows'

So try to remove : TvPlugin.dll (the MP size is around 400kb).

Try to start MP and try your dialog issue.

If it start etc., i think you need to ask argus for an updated dll.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    And yes, you can try original MP TVEngine, you will not run into the error about 'TvPlugin.dll' :)

Paul.J.Randall

Portal Member
    February 11, 2014
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Unfortunately I cannot download the beta as it appears only to be for "donators only" so I might have to wait (Argus 2.2.2 will not work with MP 1.7.1). If I was to go with MP Tv where and how do you install it as it appears that there was not option to do that part of the 1.7.1 hotfix install. Can the MP Tv do everything the Argus Tv can do?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    No clue about Argus, i didn't use it, so i can't really help on this.
    But you can temporary remove tvplugin for testing if the bug happen outside the TV part otherwise, you need to wait an update from argus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom