Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Maybe you've noticed that I'm developing MP2-Edit, an editor for the MediaPortal 2 media library. With this some tools to help migrating from MP1 to MP2 are developed. As I never used MyFilms in MP1 I don't know much about this plugin. But if it's using a SQLIte DB I'm able to write a migration tool to have at least the watched status kept when users are moving over to MP2 one day. I will use a plain text file with a list of IMDB-ID ttxxxxxxxx numbers for watched movies as a backup solution for MP2, similar to the one used by TVSeries plugin.

I'm doing a tool to read the MovingPictures DB and generate such a list for importing into MP2 already. I also want to support MyFilms if possible. For this I need some help, as I don't have a MyFilms database to develop and test this. Can someone be so kind to provide me a MyFilms SQLite database file (if it's using SQLIte at all) with at least some watched and some unwatched movies in?
    Thanks in advance.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    MyFilms uses a XML Database, which can be easily read using XML libs/tools. Setup wizard allows to create a sample DB - movie can manually be set "watched/unwatched" via context menu. Simply use cases are pretty easy - but MyFilms also supports multi user environments - this requires decoding the warched state per user and thus is a bit more complicated. But I think most ppl using multi user environments also use trakt (MyFilms supports multiple Trakt users as well) - so watched status in those cases would be available via trakt.tv site as well.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks for the answer. Parsing a xml file is no big deal. I will try to create this demo database and see if it's working.
    If I can get my hands on a properly filled xml file I definitely can support MyFilms in the migration tool....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom