MePo 1.9.0, DefaultWide EPG grid not drawn (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, not sure either, but it´s part (and has always been) of DefaultWide skins ;)
    Ummm, is it just me or is that control missing from the 11 line version of the skin file?
    Seems to be in the 9 line version, but not the 11 line one...

[edit: No problem for Titan, but same issue for both Default and Default Wide...]

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Did some more testing, can confirm the EPG blank problem does not occur with Titan 7 or 11 TV Guide Rows.

With DefaultWide or Default skins there are TWO ways to set the TV Guide Rows using the MePoClient > Settings > GUI > Skin see attached picture.

Theme: = SkinDefault or TVGuide11Lines
    TVGuideRows = 9 or 11.

If you use the MePo Config.exe tool to configure TV Guide rows you are really adjusting the Theme = SkinDefault or TVGuide11Lines

For Default or DefaultWide, using Theme=TVGuide11Lines, the TVGuideRows is ignored and you always get 11 rows. even if you set TVGuideRows=9. This works correctly, do not see the EPG blank problem.

For Default or DefaultWide, using Theme=SkinDefault AND TVGuideRows=9, works correctly, do not see the EPG blank problem.

For Default or DefaultWide, using Theme=SkinDefault AND TVGuideRows=11, see the EPG blank problem IF a recording is in progress AND I view a channel that has an active recording. If I view a different channel that does not have an active recording, I can switch between full screen video and EPG without seeing the EPG blank problem.

There is actually a 2nd problem when using Theme=SkinDefault AND TVGuideRows=11, if a recording is active, goto the TV Guide and mouse "left click" on a show with an active recording, the left click is ignored. This should give an option to "view channel OR recording from beginning". Mouse "right click" on a show with an active recording, this exists TV Guide guide and goes to TV Home. This should bring up menu with 6 options.

The attached log files files show a "right click" that aborts back to TV Home, return to TV guide and 2 left clicks that are ignored.

So bottom line, don't use TVGuideRows = 9 or 11, always use Theme: = SkinDefault or TVGuide11Lines. Never noticed there were 2 ways to select DefaultWide TVGuide rows.

Attachments

• DW_SkinSettings.png
      DW_SkinSettings.png
      598.9 KB
    • EPGoops.zip
      8.7 KB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    There should NOT be a theme 11 lines in there - I deleted it long time ago

make sure you update both the MePo Client Default wide skin and the ConfigTool. This also has a "theme" setting. The tests I ran for msg#13 was a different Win7 MePo1.9.0 system. Checked the Win8 MePo 1.9.0 system, it also has Theme=TVGuide11Lines setting that "fixes" the EPGblank problem.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @catavolt

So what is the situation here? Is there a bug in the skins or not?
    Just want to make sure we don't forget about this... ;)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, the conditions to reproduce are quite specific...

For Default or DefaultWide, using Theme=SkinDefault AND TVGuideRows=11, see the EPG blank problem IF a recording is in progress AND I view a channel that has an active recording. If I view a different channel that does not have an active recording, I can switch between full screen video and EPG without seeing the EPG blank problem.

I am not able to try to reproduce myself. Due to work on TVE 3.5 I haven't had a working MP + TV Server install for most of the year. However, from the plugin and skin code I can see how there might be a problem. I've patched the TVE 3.5 plugin code just in case...

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I am not able to try to reproduce myself.

hmm, this is easy to reproduce for me.

goto MePo Client settings > GUI > Skin, DefaultWide Skin, select Theme=SkinDefault, Rows=11

goto TV > TV Guide, for testing I'm using EPG 3rd row (KPIX), obviously your channels will be different

edited comment: first step view current show on 3rd row, KPIX for me. stop video

I use mouse most of the time, "right click", record current show on 3rd row, go back to EPG, goto TV Home, then back to EPG. EPG only shows rows 1, 2, rows 3 to 11 are blank. moving mouse over "channels" left side brings up all EPG rows. Repeats if you switch between TV Home and EPG.

From EPG, click on any other row to watch realtime TV, use mini-guide to select 3rd row (KPIX for me), watch realtime video, use mouse or keyboard "x" to toggle fullscreeen video or GUI. See same EPG problem.

The trigger seems to be current recording in progress in EPG, 3rd row KPIX, view same channel so TV "thinks" 3rd row KPIX is "active channel", and this row/show is highlighted in EPG. Nothing special about EPG row 3, same thing with any row.

In this state, mouse left click keyboard "enter" on 3rd row active recording is ignored. Mouse right click switches from EPG to TV Home.

See F11 picture and logs.

EDIT Comment: 1st F11 picture upload was blank/black, new F11 snapshot uploaded showing problem.

Attachments

• EpgOpps.png
      EpgOpps.png
      847.3 KB
    • EpgOops1.zip
      26.1 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom