Migrating from Extreme Movie Manager to MediaPortal/MyFilms (1 Viewer)

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Just a warning for those, who are using the XML export module in EMM - after some bug fixing in version 7.2.0.3. (I don't have any information about what was fixed) the XML file doesn't work properly with the MyFilms import. The result is no movies. So stick with 7.2.0.2. until this is solved out. Of course you can test it out and see if you also get this error. I have reported this in the bug forum in EMM, but haven't got any answer yet.

Hi Harald,
I don't have any problem with the new version.
I'm always up-to date with all the software, so I would have noticed this kind of error, but I've exported the file as always and directly opened in Media Portal!
Once you have set all the parameters in MF configuration that you can provide any new xml file in the same path and MF will use it, it would take few seconds because it has to convert it, but it works!
Maybe it could really be a matter of international settings in windows, don't know, but for me even the new XMM works with MF

Ciao, G.

Ps. I've attached the xml exporter for XMM so you could try use this!

Attachments

• XMMExporterSetup.zip
    482.2 KB

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ops!
Herald you were right!
I thought I've installed the last version, but now that I'm at home I can see that I had the previous one!
So I've updated and you were right! The new xml file is completely different from the other version and MF doesn't recognize it!
I'm sending an email to Alessio to verify this problem!

Ciao, G.

Harald63

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi Gianik,

Thanks a lot for your answer and the file.

When I make a new configuration in MyFilms using the Setup wizard to import the XML-Export.xml file from EMM 7.2.0.3., I can see, that I get an exception message, that says:

"Invalid character for movie number at position 0, number of records read:0. You have to correct the movie's information with ANT movie catalog software!
Exception message: URL-address must not be empty. Parametre name: URL (This line is translated from Danish)

After the change the final XML file from EMM is at 202MB and before is was 88MB. I can see in my text editor, that the URL record in the XML file is used for the internet adress for the movies homepage, but a lot of them are blank.

Such a record can be:

<URL>http:&amp;#47;&amp;#47;www&amp;#46;2012lapelicula&amp;#46;com&amp;#46;mx&amp;#47;</URL>

where others is:

<URL></URL>

Strange thing!!

Edit: Oh, now I see your last answer too. Great we must see, what Alessio comes up with. Back to 7.2.0.2.

By the way, which NET.FRAMEWORK version should be used to run the XMMExporter program - I'm on a Windows 7 64-bit platform.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
October 21, 2007
Bologna
Home Country
Italy Italy
Ok, I've just talked with Alessio.
He said he made this modification for one user, he didn't imagine it would made this mess, but he will create a new version with the previous xml functionality and post it tomorrow in the morning.
So no problem, tomorrow you can use XMM xml again!

G.

Harald63

Portal Member
December 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Ok fine Gianik, but still no special caracters bug fix. I must be a little patient :)

Brachna

March 14, 2016
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi!

I just created a new account on this forum because of this issue. I hope that you are okay with me bumping this thread and asking a few questions. I realize that this thread is quite old, but I'm kind of desperate and thought I would give it a shot.. Okay, so I currently have XMM version 8.3.0.0 and am trying to export my .xml version of my XMM database to MF. When I attempt this, I'm getting the same type of error message as Harald63:

"Invalid character for movie number at position 0, number of records read:0. You have to correct the movie's information with your movie catalog software!
Exception message: URL-address must not be empty. Parametre name: URL"

I tried to find a quick fix by editing the .xml file by changing the parametre name <WebLinkScript> (which conveniently happens to contain the IMDb URL) to <URL>, but it did not work. This might be really stupid, but I thought, what the heck, why not give it a try..

My questions are basically: Is it possible to work around this problem? Do I have to revert my XMM version to one before 7.2.0.3? If this is the case, how will this affect my current XMM database, will it be backwards compatible?

I would be ever so grateful for any help or tips that might help resolve this issue.

Regards,
Brachna

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, on duty travel for a few days, but probably best if you pm me your exported catalog and post log files

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Brachna, it is a couple of years since I migrated from XMM to MyFilms, and I have never looked back.

As far as I know, the only working method is still (also mentioned in this thread: http://www.binaryworks.it/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10472 ) :

You have to use XMM version 7.2.3.6, because of the database changes in later versions (The XML export in 7.2.3.6 works, but doesn't support unicode letters - all the special letters are blank, so this is not recommendable, if you have such letters. You can make a backup of your latest version of XMM, before you downgrade, if you want to continue using latest XMM build).

Instead you should install the latest MyFilms plugin for MediaPortal and follow the wizard to make a new empty ANT Movie extended v4.1.2 Catalog to get all the new supported database fields in MyFilms.

Install ANT Movie Catalog version 4.1.2 (not later versions, because these are not compliant with MyFilms) from here http://forum.antp.be/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=4844 and open the new created empty MyFilms database and use the Import module in Ant Movie Catalog to import the data from Extreme Movie Manager (Which uses the Movies tabel from the XMM Access database) and assign the given XMM fields to the correct ANT database fields. When the movies are imported and you have checked the data, you can save the database and open it in MyFilms.

When you next time have to update the MyFilms database, you open this with ANT Movie Catalog and delete all the records and make the import from XMM again.
    (Make a backup of the MyFilms database before you do this). It's up to you, if you want to continue using this method, or you decide to fully migrate to MyFilms.

NB.: It will help you a lot, if you have Microsoft Access to review the XMM database to get comfortable/familiar with the different database fields in the Movies table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom