[MOD] MovingPictures & TVSeries layouts (1 Viewer)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    StreamedMP-3.1.0.3495-MOD has been uploaded and can be downloaded from here.

Added option to change BasicHome Recently added Movies and TVSeries as mentioned in post #356

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi there,

First of all I would like to appreciate all the effort you put into this 'extra' MOD, I was getting ready to try other options until I found your modifications to the original skin, really good, modernizes those views quite a bit and I love the new clock(that is getting me a lot of grief to config properly)...have you proposed to the original team making it part of the original ski as a standard...? This 'side' implementation is not exactly straight forward with 'small' issues' depending on how each of us implemented the original skin....I'm going through the motions (reading the all forum :)), the weather/clock modifications are the ones creating more problems (I'm also in a part of the world where the AM/PM clock would be handy, but that's fine, it's some strange bug...), but I will get there... :) ...on that point, can you please update the individual MOD files links(in the #1 post) so we can download and try to deal with each MOD individually? The files don't seem to be there anymore...

After all that introduction I've just two points:
    1) I don't use your dvdart plugin (for some reason I don't understand the purpose for it...already have all the fanart that I need for my movies/dvd, etc...so...). Reading this forum, I notice at a point time you introduced a cool DVD/BlueRay box animation in cover view...I can't see that, is it related to your dvdart plugin(download extra animations, etc) or something I'm doing wrong...?
    2) Did you ever thought of adding your 'magic' to the Music/Videos/Pictures/etc. sections as well, I love the skin, but those sections all need a modernization....that would be really fantastic! :)

Thanks again for all the efforts....

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi there,

First of all I would like to appreciate all the effort you put into this 'extra' MOD, I was getting ready to try other options until I found your modifications to the original skin, really good, modernizes those views quite a bit and I love the new clock(that is getting me a lot of grief to config properly)...have you proposed to the original team making it part of the original ski as a standard...? This 'side' implementation is not exactly straight forward with 'small' issues' depending on how each of us implemented the original skin....I'm going through the motions (reading the all forum :)), the weather/clock modifications are the ones creating more problems (I'm also in a part of the world where the AM/PM clock would be handy, but that's fine, it's some strange bug...), but I will get there... :) ...on that point, can you please update the individual MOD files links(in the #1 post) so we can download and try to deal with each MOD individually? The files don't seem to be there anymore...

After all that introduction I've just two points:
    1) I don't use your dvdart plugin (for some reason I don't understand the purpose for it...already have all the fanart that I need for my movies/dvd, etc...so...). Reading this forum, I notice at a point time you introduced a cool DVD/BlueRay box animation in cover view...I can't see that, is it related to your dvdart plugin(download extra animations, etc) or something I'm doing wrong...?
    2) Did you ever thought of adding your 'magic' to the Music/Videos/Pictures/etc. sections as well, I love the skin, but those sections all need a modernization....that would be really fantastic! :)

Thanks again for all the efforts....

@Renato. Thanks for your post. I will look into the links as these might have stopped working when google demised the repository some time back :(.

As regards to MOD, although it makes use of DVDArt, which is not related to fanart download but DVD art and other graphics, is actually independent and can be installed without the plugin.

Regarding your other question, the selection of the dvd covers is done as part of the MOD install as in below screen.

Layout.jpg

To your other point of altering other screens... I don't have time for those at the moment. Maybe in the near future ;)

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @m3rcury ok, thanks, appreciate that...

Regarding the images...I'm talking about "inside" the movies/video details...your post on page #33 (the rotating cd coming out of the box)...?

Ok, cool, looking forward to see you back to it....cheers.

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @m3rcury ok, thanks, appreciate that...

Regarding the images...I'm talking about "inside" the movies/video details...your post on page #33 (the rotating cd coming out of the box)...?

Ok, cool, looking forward to see you back to it....cheers.

@Renato. For this part to work, you need the DVDArt Plugin so the disc images can be downloaded and displayed by the MOD.

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi m3rcury,

Started using dvdart but the importer doesn't download any of the rotating dvd images...? After running the automatic importer, it identifies all my movies and MBID's, but only downloads the backdrop and cover image, nothing else...and it's same behaviour for the music collection...?

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi m3rcury,

Started using dvdart but the importer doesn't download any of the rotating dvd images...? After running the automatic importer, it identifies all my movies and MBID's, but only downloads the backdrop and cover image, nothing else...and it's same behaviour for the music collection...?

@Renato. Can you upload or pm your DVDArt_Plugin.xml

Renato

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Many thanks for the help...attached the log file as well just in case...

Attachments

• DVDArt_Plugin.xml
      1.9 KB

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    @m3rcury any luck with my files...? Thanks.

@Renato. Can you please enable DEBUG in the plugin as there are various errors and ideally we should have some more details in the logs. Also, can you advise if you are running DVDArt outside MediaPortal from the icon/link provided during the install of the plugin or from within?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom