[MOD] Video-OSD: ClearArt, integrated Audio/Subtitle-menu (1 Viewer)

bta489

Portal Pro
March 17, 2013
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

I customized the videoOSD a little. Basically I was annoyed by the huge pop-ups of the audio- and subtitle menu. So I tried to fit them into the existing panel. I also added ClearArt, ClearLogo, CDArt for Movies and Musicvideos. Anyway, instead of writing pages and pages of text (with questionable grammar :D), I'd rather show pictures of how it actually looks:

Movies:
videoOSD_MovPic.JPG

Series:
videoOSD_series.JPG

Musicvideos (if Artist ClearLogo exists):
videoOSD_mv_clearlogo.JPG

Musicvideos (if no ClearLogo exists):
videoOSD_mv_noclearlogo (2).JPG
Recorded TV or Video generally:
videoOSD_recorded.JPG
Subtitle Menu:
videoOSD_MovPic_subtitleMenu.JPG
Audio Menu:
videoOSD_MovPic_audioMenu.JPG

Modifications:
- ClearArt, DVD-Art for Movies (if no ClearArt is available, ClearLogo is shown)
- ClearArt for Series (if no ClearArt is available, ClearLogo is shown)
- ClearLogo (if available) replaces Artist string for Musicvideos (mvCentral)
- Musicvideo artist replaces the string that usually displays movie-genre and year when playing a musicvideo
- Audio and Subtitle menu integrated in the existing panel
- moved the mediainfo-Icons to the left, changed the order (can easily be reversed by not using the "videoOSD.mediainfo.xml" from the .zip)
- very cool DVD-Case Overlay (made by manicho on DeviantArt.com [LINK])

Installation:
- Download the .zip-file (obviously ;))
- extract it either in your main titan-skinfolder or (my recommendation) in a new or existing themefolder. (The two .png-files should end up in the "Media"-Subfolder)
- adjust ClearArt, ClearLogo, DiscArt-Paths in "include.ClearArt.xml" to your ClearArt-filestructure.
- ClearArt/ClearLogo for Series is not specified in "include.ClearArt.xml", since MPTV-Series itself can provide ClearArt-Properties quite comfortably. If you haven't already done this open the "TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml", and insert the following lines between "<videoplayimages import="true">" and "</videoplayimages>" (and replace "C:\Sample\Folder\Structure" with the actual path to your ClearArt)
XML:
<property>
    <name>TVSeries.Play.ClearArt</name>
    <value><![CDATA[C:\Sample\Folder\Structure\<Series.ID>.png]]></value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>TVSeries.Play.ClearLogo</name>
    <value><![CDATA[C:\Sample\Folder\Structure\<Series.ID>.png]]></value>
</property>
- (re)start Mediaportal and enjoy.

Notes:
- Tested only with 1.8.0 at 1080p, should work fine though :cautious:
- works best with MovingPictures, MPTV-Series, mvCentral, MyVideo
- I added an exception for Musicvideos by AC/DC: since the "/" is not a valid character for filenames I manually replaced AC/DC with AC_DC.

Attachments

• videoOSD.zip
    80.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom