Most scheduled recordings were ignored (1 Viewer)

c 4

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Hi everyone,

for some weeks now MP1.9.0 misses to record most of my scheduled shows. Please have a look at my logs and tell me what is going on.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Thanks for posting the logs. Unfortunately they don't really help. They're filled with PowerScheduler output, and there seems to be no attempt to view live TV or start a recording.

Please try to restart the TV service.

Regards,
    mm

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Hello mm,

there certainly was a successful recording last Monday (04 Feb) 20:08 - but that was the only one that worked lately.
    When this problem occurred first, I certainly made a reboot, but I will do so again.
    How can I delete all logs up to now so that only new problems will be listed ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

there certainly was a successful recording last Monday (04 Feb) 20:08 - but that was the only one that worked lately.
    The log files cover from 2015-01-29 12:30:45 to 2015-02-03 22:02:15,951, and therefore I can't see that recording.

How can I delete all logs up to now so that only new problems will be listed ?
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Delete all the files in that folder.

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Thanks!
    The log files cover from 2015-01-29 12:30:45 to 2015-02-03 22:02:15,951, and therefore I can't see that recording.
    You are right, sorry I forgot that I exported those logs earlier, these are the latest - there should be at least 17 missed recordings (although most should have been included in the first log).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    These log files are much more helpful. :)

You have basically the same problem described here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-service-not-recording-weirdness.129049/#post-1117231

The DVB EPG grabber is configured incorrectly, causing it to try to grab continuously, which seems to be a problem for TBS tuners (driver issue). Eventually there is a deadlock here:
    [collapse]
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,012] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - WaitForPMT: Timed out waiting for PMT after 10,0161217 seconds. Increase the PMT timeout value?
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,012] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [DEBUG] - Setting to 0 to search for new PMT.
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,012] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeSubChannel: subchannels count 1 subch#0
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,028] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - DVB subch:0 Decompose()
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,028] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - FreeSubChannel CA: freeing sub channel : 0
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,043] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeSubChannel : no subchannels present, pausing graph
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,043] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph called
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,043] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - tvcard:FreeAllSubChannels
    [2015-02-04 21:46:34,043] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph[/collapse]

The way to solve this is the same as described in the linked thread: configure the DVB EPG grabber to grab only from the necessary transmitters, instead of just ticking all channels. The example in the linked thread may help:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp1-10-bug-radio-bug.128783/#post-1115033

Regards,
    mm

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Thank you very much mm,

I deactivated "store data only for selected channels" and tried unchecking channels on the same transponder but in most cases I did not know which channels belong together and it would have been a lot of work checking the frequencies/polarisation (ScanChannelsBDA_UK.exe did not work). Fortunately I found this list http://www.lyngsat.com/astra19.html

What I do not understand is why it worked perfectly up to the beginning of the year (although the HTPC never went to sleep) and now this.
    Has someone reported this problem to TBS ?

c 4

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    It happened again - 8 recordings missed. When I turned the HTPC on, MediaPortal was not maximised but stuck in the top left corner only 3/4 of the full size, windows desktop was visible and it seemed frozen. I think I have deactivated all superfluous channels in the epg grabber - could you please have a look at my logs again ?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Same problem again.
    Please disable grabbing for channel "CSAT A LA CARTE".

Users who are viewing this thread