Move Recorded TV folder (1 Viewer)

Kevin Bell

Portal Member
June 3, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had MediaPortal working as a backend and recording programmes for several months, I use Kodi on a Raspberry PI2 as the front end.

I've now run out of space for the recordings and would like to move them to a new disk.

There are several hundred recorded TV files which I don't want to lose.

Whats the easiest and quickest way of moving the Recorded TV folder - I'm hoping I can move it and simply reassign the path in the TV Configuration - is it that easy?

Thanks.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Whats the easiest and quickest way of moving the Recorded TV folder - I'm hoping I can move it and simply reassign the path in the TV Configuration - is it that easy?.
    Indeed, it is that easy.:)
    • Move the files to the new location
    • Change the path in the TV Config
    • (I don't think it is necessary, but you might restart the TV Service just to be sure here...)
    • In the same dialogue, click "Remove invalid entries". This will delete the references to your recordings in their previous location.
    • Select all files and click "Import selected files"

Note if you are using plugins like MovingPictures or MyFilms to manage TV recordings, additional setup is needed there too.

Kevin Bell

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    Is it really that easy? What can go wrong??

(I'll be in trouble if the wife loses her recordings of Ghost Adventures...)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is failsafe. You can always add recordings to the database in the described way.

And now, jump! ;)

Kevin Bell

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    OK, I'll do it.

If I get into trouble, I'll just tell her some bloke off the internet told me to do it!:)

Thanks for you help.

alexfon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think, you will lose EPG data stored in database for recordings.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Programme descriptions are stored in a separate XML - together with the recording itself. Obviously this needs to be moved together with the recorded shows. I thought this to be self-explanatory, since they are stored together with the ts files with the same name.

Kevin Bell

Portal Member
    June 3, 2015
    Home Country
    I will move the lot together, I'll simply move the folder in one go.

Last edited:

alexfon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Programme descriptions are stored in a separate XML - together with the recording itself.

Ok. This is a new Information for me. In my recordings folder I cannot find such a XML. All description is comming from the Clickfinder plugin since I am using MP. Perhaps this is the reason. Last time I tried do move recorded files without changing the path in MP DB I lost all this Information.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my recordings folder I cannot find such a XML. All description is comming from the Clickfinder plugin since I am using MP.
    That is not correct. Clickfinder or not - xml files are always written, regardless of data coming from Clickfinder or the DVB-S stream. I am using Clickfinder myself and xml's with content info are generated for all recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom