Moving from Popcorn Hour C-200 to MediaPortal...Any advice? (1 Viewer)

HiSoC8Y

Portal Member
December 22, 2010
Hello

I've been using popcornhour c-200 for almost 2 years, had a great time, and can't complain. was using it with YAMJ

Always using Ember media manager to organize my library.

But now, I got my new PC, and want to try media portal.

all my files are located on my NAS, each movie in a folder, with related nfo, poster, fanart, subtitles...etc.

I need your help, on what to consider when i use mediaportal, is there anything specific, or it can easily read all those files (nfo, posters..etc.)?

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving from Popcorn Hour C-200 to MediaPortal...Any advice?

Moving Pictures reads those informations. I am used to manage my library with EMM, too. Works flawless. You should have a look at the moving picture scaper settings.

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Moving from Popcorn Hour C-200 to MediaPortal...Any advice?

Oh, sorry. Its a plugin to show all your movies. You can use the build in video section too, but dont know if there is a scaper to use EMM created infos.

HiSoC8Y

Portal Member
    December 22, 2010
    honestly, i dont understand why out of the box, mediaportal won't pickup the existing files, and it will scrape from the net.

gxtracker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Eventually I think it will, as the built-in music/videos/etc sections are seeing an increase in development. currently and in the past though, the focus has been on developing a strong base application emphasizing plug-in support.

Mediaportal is extremely customizable, but one of the facets of that fact is that it is not an "install-and-go" application. There are some really, really great plug-ins that have been developed by the community - moving pictures, online videos, TV Series, a slew of amazing skins, etc...

The setup for moving pictures is really easy actually. install the plug-in, and in the plug-in configuration just set the watch folder. If you have the movie year and title in the file name then thats about the extent of your setup right there minus some potential minor corrections in grabbed data. if you want something more complex like EMM scraping as JackTramiel suggested, then you can do that too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom